Sponsored Links

Page 210 of 447 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 4468

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No release of mygame.pkg??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This does work, but it causes conflicts with game updates, so no online play for any game with updates (unless the game still works bypassing the update with a SFO edit, but this doesn't always work correctly depending on what is changed in the real update).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger007 View Post
    No release of mygame.pkg??
    I was taking a bath and got some nice ideas… apparently while geohot released the signing tools (which don’t work for me, but that’s expected since no CLI usage is supplied nor anything useful).

Now as a simple POC (proof of concept) that a game can run without ANY SYSCALLS involved (from internal HDD) I created a small application. Here are the steps:

1) Get a game and write down the game ID (let’s say XXXX12345)
    2) Copy the game contents to /dev_hdd0/game/XXXX12345 (no PS3_GAME folder involved)
    3) Rename /dev_hdd0/game/XXXX12345/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN to MM_EBOOT.BIN
    4) Install the magic MYGAME.pkg (the one I created)
    5) Run your game backup from the XMB without a blu-ray game disc inserted and without /app_home or any other mappings (no syscalls used by the small app)
    6) Game starts and plays as if it was ran from BD-ROM disc
    7) Should you decide to update the game to a later version 2 more steps are requred but you get the general idea.
    icon cool Dean Is Going To Bring His Backup Manager On Geohots CFW The good thing is that game saves, tropheys and updates work, since the game is spawned with the original GAME ID.

Btw the ‘magic app’ is just 4 lines of code. I’ll now test a game (Uncharted 2) to check if all is okay when there are “special circumstances”.
    So whats the deal here Deanrr??

The above is quoted from you some days ago and i would like to know if you are going to release more informatin about that magic my.pkg.

Greets Modmate

Hi dean.

It would be great, if you create a function that creates\clones different folders for each backup stored in hdd or usb.

Like, i have "Red Dead Redemption" and "Grand Theft Auto"

So the function creates in my home 2 applications named like the games (with icons etc), then they load the backup of the game.
    Like a LAST GAME app, but for all the games (with each configuration of where is stored the game and how to run it).

Thanks, and good work!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    Hey deanrr, any chance you could add the ability to change the stack size & priority for direct launch. For instance Madden 11 doesn't work with stack size of 1M & a priority of 3071, however, it does work with direct launch if stack size is 128K & priority is set at 1001.

edit: Is it even possible to change stack size & priority "on the fly"?
    Actually the priority is 1001... can you try to run the game from the filemanager, executing EBOOT.BIN. There the stack is 64k. I'll change it to 128K in next update. I may add an option to set priority and stack size in the ini.

Anyone, a some simple questions:

(1) when I transfered a game to an USB HDD using SPLIT4G the sum of the split files became smaller than the size of the original "unsplit" one. This happened to GT5. Is this normal?

(2) By the way, when I afterwards copy the game from the USB HDD to the internal using MultiMan will the game explorer then recognize that the game is on both drives? (or Multiman cuts and pastes thus deleting the files from the USB HDD?).

(3) Does the transfer function on Multiman join the split file on the default setting?

(4) When installing a newer version of Multiman does one need to first remove the previous version from the PS3 menu?

Many thanks

Deanrr please share some more information. Right now Multiman for 3.55 does NOT play any backups right??

So if so, please share the nfo on how to create our own magic_my.pkg please.

Would be great to see you answering my post.

Greets Modmate

sorry man can you explain more how to run games on internal ?

Quote Originally Posted by rudolfo View Post
    (1) when I transfered a game to an USB HDD using SPLIT4G the sum of the split files became smaller than the size of the original "unsplit" one. This happened to GT5. Is this normal?

(2) By the way, when I afterwards copy the game from the USB HDD to the internal using MultiMan will the game explorer then recognize that the game is on both drives? (or Multiman cuts and pastes thus deleting the files from the USB HDD?).

(3) Does the transfer function on Multiman join the split file on the default setting?

(4) When installing a newer version of Multiman does one need to first remove the previous version from the PS3 menu?
    1)/2) I'm not sure what your question is

3) Yes, it will join them

4) No, you don't have to uninstall it

Quote Originally Posted by modmate View Post
    Deanrr please share some more information. Right now Multiman for 3.55 does NOT play any backups right??

So if so, please share the nfo on how to create our own magic_my.pkg please. Would be great to see you answering my post.
    3.55 will play games with directboot or if you have the games 'prepared' using different methods. There is no point in mygame.pkg at the moment, because it works with too few games.

Deanrr so far i`ve tried alot of different games and direct boot. Everytime i went back to xmb.

The prepared methods are known and working from xmb directly. Im looking for your manager to work with backups. Looking forward.

You might just gimme a hint which game definitely boots with direct boot so i can check if thats runnin here also.

greets

Sponsored Links