Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 180 of 448 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 4473

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    Doesn't work for me, I see the disc loaded successfully message but after loading the Playstation 2 Format disc icon on the xmb it loads the original in the drive instead of the backup, after exiting also no longer jb'd either.
    Same for me, tested it out with the PS3 being Heavy Rain, the Original disc being a US copy of Dark Cloud and the backup being Monster Rancher.

The original loaded instead of the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalImpact View Post
    Same for me, tested it out with the PS3 being Heavy Rain, the Original disc being a US copy of Dark Cloud and the backup being Monster Rancher.

The original loaded instead of the backup.
    Also another problem, for example with Final Fantasy X, you cant actually extract all the contents of the disc, if you open it with an iso tool like UltraISO or ISO Buster it'll only show around 10MB of content.
    Last edited by CriticalImpact; 12-24-2010 at 02:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can I extract games fia PC and than FTP it to the right folder ? Which structure is needed ?

It would be awsome to have an option which only shows PS2 or visa versa only Ps3 games.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Also another problem, for example with Final Fantasy X, you cant actually extract all the contents of the disc, if you open it with an iso tool like UltraISO or ISO Buster it'll only show around 10MB of content.
    Either use a different iso extractor or burn the iso to disc and copy it from there. I used Deus Ex from an original and just copying the files into a folder gave me a folder the same as the disc. The problem with some ps2 discs is they're hybrid disc's i.e. with more than one track (or data type), iso is a particularly bad format for discs like this and as a result lots of iso programs wont handle them properly.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 12-24-2010 at 06:06 AM Reason: clarification

Dean... going to play with this a bit... I have a BC and wish I could code to help... but if there is anything I can do to help, lmk.

Do we need to region patch the PS2 game to match our ps3? and will it matter if you use a backup from a cd, and then use an orginal dvd ps2 game?... do you know what I mean?

K

if it did work you would have to patch it to the region your ps3 is from but it doesn't work yet so neither will region patching...

i backed up an original from my region which works on a ps2 and the original works in the ps3 but the ps2 emu in the ps3 still loads from the disc drive.

if it helps deanrr it looks like the mount isn't surviving the soft reset the ps2 loader causes on load.

Yeap... you are right... elimated all the obvious... backup matches region and media type of ps3 and orginal ps2 disk and it still boots to orginal disk in the drive.

With luck, Dean will figure it out.

K

Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    Either use a different iso extractor or burn the iso to disc and copy it from there. I used Deus Ex from an original and just copying the files into a folder gave me a folder the same as the disc. The problem with some ps2 discs is they're hybrid disc's i.e. with more than one track (or data type), iso is a particularly bad format for discs like this and as a result lots of iso programs wont handle them properly.
    Some discs such as Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers show all the content when opened in IsoBuster and UltraISO but others do not such as FFX.

I believe this is just to do with the way the disc is packed. You cant copy games using the backup manager or I havent been able to. I could explore the disc using a file manager but it failed to copy the disc and only showed as much as IsoBuster or UltraISO showed.

To me, it seems like the disc is trying to boot, failing, resetting some settings, trying again and loading from the disc instead. I say this because screen flickers and what looks like resets happen when I try to run a backup from the loader.

I just put the disc in a windows pc and copied it straight out of explorer. checked it worked by mounting the folder in windows and running an emu also sizes were identical.
    To me, it seems like the disc is trying to boot, failing, resetting some settings, trying again and loading from the disc instead. I say this because screen flickers and what looks like resets happen when I try to run a backup from the loader.
    run an original game then press the ps button while its on, check the xmb and you should (I haven't checked it this way yet) see it's not jailbroken anymore (the app home and install packages options will be gone). The PS2/PS1 loaders always soft reset when you load a game that's why the controllers need repaired.

Here is a MEGA pack (FULL) for multiMAN 01.11.06 (28MB) (FW 3.40-3.55) | (FW 1.90 - 3.30).

The package includes:
    • multiMAN 01.11.06
    • LAST GAME application (to launch/mount the last game you played)
    • multiMAN graphic interface (icons/graphics - default/original theme)
    • multiMAN covers pack (877 game covers in JPG format)
    • multiMAN background music (6 minute music loop background while multiMAN is operating)
    • Full change-log and navigation (pad/keyboard/mouse) information (txt)
    • Default options (options_default.ini)

Merry X-MAS to all of you!

Dean
    Last edited by deank; 12-26-2010 at 09:26 AM

Deanrr... I HAD (unfortunatly i switched it for the 40GB i have now -.-") a 20GB PHAT model. This one had PS2 backup support via Software mode (although... everyone said that, I never tried it actually) Isn't it possible to rip that pease out of a 20GB model and implant it in our Firmware? (normal Phat and Slim users?)

Sponsored Links