SUPPORT FOR AVCHD AND BDMV STRUCTURES:
Originally Posted by onolox
multiMAN supports managing AVCHD and BDMV structures, but it doesn't actually PLAY them. It mounts them to their proper locations so your PS3 can find/recognize the structures and play them via XMB [Video] tab menu.
Coloring and prefixes in the game display modes:
YELLOW COLOR = AVCHD
ORGANGE/RED COLOR = Blu-ray (BDMV)
* [Video] (YELLOW color) = AVCHD on external USB HDD/stick
* [Video] (ORANGE/RED color) = BDMV on external USB HDD/stick - NOT WORKING PROPERLY
* [HDD Video] (Yellow) = AVCHD on internal HDD
* [HDD Video] (Orange/Red) = BDMV on internal HDD * AVCHD or BDMV on external HDD/USB must be stored in the root \ folder of your device:
X:\BLURAY_MOVIE_2\BDMV\index.bdmv (NOT WORKING PROPERLY) * AVCHD or BDMV on internal HDD must be stored in the same folder where your games are (for example /dev_hdd0/GAMES)
* AVCHD movies on external USB HDD/stick will be properly renamed upon activation (only ONE active AVCHD folder supported by PS3)
* BDMV (Blu-ray) movies on external USB will be mounted as BDMV disc (original BD game/video disc required) - NOT WORKING PROPERLY
* AVCHD movies on internal HDD will be mounted to externally connected USB/SDHC/MS storage device (USB stick/SDHC/MS card required with 22KB free)
* BDMV (Blu-ray) movies on internal HDD must be converted to AVCHD before mounting. multiMAN will prompt you to do it for you - accept it and convert it. Then it will be mounted as AVCHD.
* BDMV (Blu-ray) movies authored with JAVA extension (BD-J discs) are not supported. You can check the contents of BDJO or JAR folders. If there are files there - it won't work.
Playing back the mounted structure is done by activating the AVCHD icon from PS3's XMB Video tab - you must select the USB/SDHC/MS storage device, used for mounting.
In the next update there will be two new features for the FILE manager, concerning GAMES (internal/external HDD) and AVCHD (internal HDD):
* Browsing to a folder ../PS3_GAME/USRDIR/ and pressing [X] on EBOOT.BIN will mount the game. It means that using this feature you can launch games NO MATTER what folder they are in.
* Browsing to a folder ../BDMV/ and pressing [X] on INDEX.BDM will mount the AVCHD structure, no matter where the folder is located on your internal HDD.
While on the subject, I decided to go a bit further: THIS IS FOR FILE MANAGER MODE ONLY:
* You can now activate GAMES from ANY device and ANY folder (internal/external/any subpath) (../PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN)
* You can now activate AVCHD from ANY device and ANY folder (internal/external/any subpath) (../BDMV/INDEX.BDM)
* You can now activate BDMV from ANY device and ANY folder (internal/external/any subpath) (You'll be prompted to convert Blu-ray to AVCHD) (../BDMV/index.bdmv)
The following files: EBOOT.BIN
are considered executable
and are colored in red. If you click [X] on such file the proper actions will be performed (game mounting/launching, AVCHD activation and BDMV conversion).
There is an important fix related to syscall8 (a small bug) which will be available later today in the new version, along with the changes mentioned above.