UPDATE - v0.12 out!
Today is a good day for Atelier-series fans! Similar to Disgaea 4 PS3 translation patch
released earlier, Tidusnake666
on PS3 News
has updated his work in progress
and now shared a PS3 translation v0.1 of the Japanese version of Atelier Totori: The Alchemist of Arland 2.
Few thing to note before reading on:
- Translation was done with Microsoft Translator API based program, so sometimes it, frankly saying, doesn't make sense. But, story messages are natively (officially) English, although there're some padding problems, but they do make sense.
- Pretty much everything (skills, side-dialogues, locations, names, items, ingredients, even bestiary and much more) was parsed in translation, but approx.10% of text remained untranslated with original Japanese words. But I'm sure you can figure it out
- Voice acting will be in Japanese (cons of Japanese EBOOT)
- The game is fully untested, so there may be crashes, although I checked everything byte-by-byte.
- If you don't like it, do it better!
0. Obtain both JP (BLJM60241) and US (BLUS30735) version dumps of the game. Delete any game data on PS3 you have (you can leave your saves) We'll be using US version as a base.
1. Replace US folder "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Res\Sound" with the equivalent Japanese one.
2. Replace US folders "EventCheck" and "Eventprocess" in "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Event" with japanese equivalents.
3. If you want trophies, replace US trophy folder (TROPHYDIR) with japanese equvalent one.
4. Replace US PARAM.SFO with Japanese one
5. Replace US EBOOT.BIN with patched Japanese one (in attachments)
6. Copy US version game on your ext./int. HDD, enjoy and play!
v0.1 to 0.12
- Added tutorial for enabling trophies (japanese)
- Homuncullus (Chim) bug fixed, you can now speak to him without crashes and recruit previously unavaliable because of this bug characters
- Some of the items are correctly translated, most of the traits are translated as well - thanks necroziel!
As for now, the game should be fully playable, although haven't extensively tested, but no known bugs/glitches so far.
More PlayStation 3 News