Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland PS3 Translation v0.1 Out
Today is a good day for Atelier-series fans! Similar to Disgaea 4 PS3 translation patch released earlier, Tidusnake666 on PS3 News has updated his work in progress and now shared a PS3 translation v0.1 of the Japanese version of Atelier Totori: The Alchemist of Arland 2.
Few thing to note before reading on:
Translation was done with Microsoft Translator API based program, so sometimes it, frankly saying, doesn't make sense. But, story messages are natively (officially) English, although there're some padding problems, but they do make sense.
Pretty much everything (skills, side-dialogues, locations, names, items, ingredients, even bestiary and much more) was parsed in translation, but approx.10% of text remained untranslated with original Japanese words. But I'm sure you can figure it out
Voice acting will be in Japanese (cons of Japanese EBOOT)
The game is fully untested, so there may be crashes, although I checked everything byte-by-byte.
If you don't like it, do it better!
0. Obtain both JP (BLJM60241) and US (BLUS30735) version dumps of the game. Delete any game data on PS3 you have (you can leave your saves) We'll be using US version as a base.
1. Replace US folder "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Res\Sound" with the equivalent Japanese one.
2. Replace US PARAM.SFO with Japanese one
3. Replace US EBOOT.BIN with patched Japanese one: [Register or Login to view links] (pass: PS3News.com)
4. Copy US version game on your ext./int. HDD, enjoy and play!