Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guys for those of you using the US version (BLUS30537) the game can be backed up both internal and external hard drives. I did not use the patched update version, I used the retail one ([Register or Login to view links])

After installing the update using Hermes4-psn-3.50 spoof, I unpacked the game with open Manager 2.1 (Do not use Gaia to unpack. Game will not work for some reason) after OM2.1 finishes backing up the game. You need to start the game with Gaia manager 1.03.1 (game will not show when you insert a BR disk inside if using OM2.1 again not sure why).

I did not patch the PARAM.SFO (from 3.50 to 3.41) at 1st just to see if the game works, it did but Gaia keeps asking to patch the file every time I start the game so I ended up patching it. Also I didn't ad ASSASSIN_ISO file in the backup game external (/dev_usb/GAMEZ/BLUS-30537/PS3_GAME/USRDIR) or internal (/dev_hdd0/game/xxxxxxx/GAMEZ/BLUS-30537/PS3_GAME/USRDIR) Started the game, installed some files and I was playing in no time.

Steps
    1. Install retail update 1.01 ([Register or Login to view links])
    2. Backup game using Open Manager 2.1 to internal or external (Do not use Gaia)
    3. Start the game using Gaia 1.03.1 (Open Manager will not work) my case anyway
    4. Insert any original BR game disk
    5. Start game
    6. Wait for files to install
    5. Play and enjoy

Hope this helps some out there. Sure it would've saved me alot of time before I figured it all out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by robg1983 View Post
    Guys for those of you using the US version (BLUS30537) the game can be backed up both internal and external hard drives.
    Thanks for the guide robg1983, I have added it to the first post now and +Rep!

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Many thanks to robg1983 the method works perfectly!

Just to share i'm running on ps3key v4.3 with OM v2.1I - game ver. BLUS30537 - external
    used the retail patch not debug, debug gave me error for some reason.

Thanks to PS3News for this thread

thanks for the guide i can't wait to play

Works like a charm for me as well

Just curious about something.. What payload are you guys using cause iím using minimus v1 with (psgroove-all-no-unauth-syscall) only one i found that metal of honor worked with and the rest of my games. Without having to change to a different payload each time.

i had Minimus v1 installed but i couldn't get this to work no matter what i did, going to go back to a later hermes 4.

Quote Originally Posted by labonte View Post
    Just curious about something.. What payload are you guys using cause i’m using minimus v1 with (psgroove-all-no-unauth-syscall) only one i found that metal of honor worked with and the rest of my games. Without having to change to a different payload each time.
    I'm using PL3 w/PSN+3.50 spoofing via Zaxtron Front End on a ipod touch 1g, with OM2.1I-2+SRC. Its been a struggle to get the latest games to work, as i'm not that good at these things, but with the updated tutorials i've got it sorted.
    Last edited by Natepig; 11-17-2010 at 11:47 AM Reason: I copy and pasted the wrong payload at first

I succeeded has to make turned play without a bd in the drive, but not of sound, I do not have to test the online
    to make it turned I had:

- to put the game on the dd intern
    - to launch open manager 2.1I-2 to put the Int mode/ext. HDD in ON position
    - to return with the XMB, to install the PKG of the update “the fix”
    - to install the open PKG manager 2.1I-2
    - to start again open manager 2.1I-2 to launch the game of the dd intern in ON position by putting the patch 3.41 and Int/ext. HDD in ON position

ATTENTION THE GAME ONCE TO LAUNCH REMOVE FILE GAMEI OF THE EXTERNAL DD, THEREFORE ESPECIALLY NOT TO UPDATE THE SETTING OF THE GAME ON INTERNAL DD, BECAUSE THE GAME REMOVE ALL THE FILE AND FOLDER "GAME"(/dev_hdd0/game/) OF THE INTERNAL DD, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE A RESTORATION OF THE SYSTEM

it will have to be started again the console so that all becomes again has the normal

now it remains more than has to find a solution for the sound and to prevent the game from removing the file range (dd intern)

sorry for my poor English, I am French
    Last edited by cruchot2; 11-17-2010 at 02:51 PM

Can't wait, game is in the post hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, and then the fun will begin, god bless you all, Need For Speed, is next for the block.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News