Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Before you guys post the BIG news, make sure it cannot be patched by the ps3 devs, otherwise all hard work, gone to the pooper. Regarding geohot, kudos to this fella, hope he does well or at least points the community in the right direction. Theres alot of potential within him, hopefully alot more time to waste.

I wish i didnt slack off in my pc programming class, perhaps could of helped you guys out.

For PS3 Devs; Why do they see ps3 hacking as a big threat? I do understand it leads to lot of bootleg cds, but lets face it, do you buy the worst games anyway? I will still buy the good old games that i like and play (cod4/bf/gt etc), but if the games are crap, none is going to buy them in the end.

Anywho, waiting for the big news, hopefully its as big as we are all hoping for and good luck to all devs, and big thanks for donating your time for such a great cause.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    im happy to see that gehot is now looking up for the ps3.

i dont think that this is the best news i ever read, but with him the people are who are working on a cfw are stronger then before
    go ahead guys.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Let's not forget George is very dedicated to a hacking goal, like he said sometimes he becomes obsessed, staying up all night to work on the iphone for example (and a total of over 500 hours work). He's a great guy. Maybe he will find a way around certain complications with getting inside the PS3. Looking forward to the BIG news!

The more people that work on the ps3 the better the chances of someone finding a loophole. Glad hes taken an interest and I wish him the best of luck. Screw the haircut, just crack this beast.

Oh ya, Im also curious to hear about this news. any news is good news
    Last edited by aries2k6; 08-25-2009 at 12:12 PM

GeoHot, Go for it!

Twitter Update:

"crap, the PS3 has an MMU for everything, PPE+SPE+IO. And the RSX doesn't seem to let me create new DMA channels."
    about 7 hours ago from web

These recent conversations are for people who'm don't use twitter and want some more insight!
    Also some conversation between him and another peep in Twitter:
    "@geohot are you doing this thru linux or is that another method?"
    about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon in reply to geohot

"@Inevitable_Dj all through linux. game os is actually further from hypervisor(metal) than linux."
    about 6 hours ago from web in reply to Inevitable_Dj

"@geohot cool, I've knew a few ppl look into it and couldn't go far, so now they're trying to get the ram and gfx working fully on linux"
    about 6 hours ago from TwitterFon in reply to geohot

Another Conversation:
    "@comex One bit in the page table will let me r/w hypervisor"
    about 6 hours ago from web in reply to comex

"@geohot What bit?"
    about 6 hours ago from web in reply to geohot

Sounds like a nice idea, but i still have a feeling the ps3 is going to be a road block in hacking it as it is more complicated than the iphone.. all the power to him though.

I was actually happy when i read that geohot was working on ps3. He's a dedicated guy that doesn't give up until he reaches his goal. Good luck to him!

@PS3 DEV team: just don't release anything that could compromise the future of a hacked ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by r3pek View Post
    @PS3 DEV team: just don't release anything that could compromise the future of a hacked ps3.
    A few things I would like to make clear. For starters, we have never, ever released anything that would compromise the future of a hacked PS3, it has always been other sites, or other lamers that have. After all, only a handful of hacked PS3's is not really worth it!

Furthermore, like I said earlier, I want to stress the fact that, although being BIG, it is not a hack.

Finally, there has been a slight delay, and more information about it will come in the middle of next week (sorry about that guys!)

I have only one thing to say about that : ()

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News