Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

OMG CJPC could it be??

Sponsored Links
    OMG CJPC could it be??

BELZAR or any other PS3 modchip as its not a hack.

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    whats the details for the IRC channel?? i know its on EFnet - i tried to join #ps3news - but required a key..
    Yea, we closed that due to lack of use... the only ones used these days are private ones for the devs.

Anything 'newsworthy' that they are in agreement of to share gets posted in the Site News though, so you aren't missing much not being there. Most stuff they simply don't want posted yet, so that is why they aren't public channels.

We kicked around the idea of reopening the public channel a few months ago, but decided nobody really has the time to 'hang out' there... so if it is ever reopened it would likely be just for people here versus a development channel.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If I were to guess... hmmmm

Like CJPC said, it's something that can help them help us... So the best news I could think of related to this is: They found a way to replace the original firmware with a custom one, either by torturing a sony executive into giving them sony's private key or... they found a way to bypass the check. It aint THE hack but the closest thing next to it. The next step would be to modify the original firmware to make it hacked.

Banned User
    i wont sleep since i read CJPC announcement... i enjoy reading the Site News section
    I can assure anyone that since i registered in ps3news i have read all the "news"

ps: sounded like tarzan. my english isnt great.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    I just want to clarify- geohot is currently not a member of the PS3News DEV team, we only chatted a few times on IRC generally about the PS3. However, if he is interested, we are extending an invitation to him.

But kez, just some ram dumps won't help, as they are not the full memory!

And, on a sidenote, I will have some B I G news this weekend (no, its not a hack, but still, its BIG!)
    Thanks for clarifications, sir. I hope geohot accept the invitation.
    I'll be waiting for news.

Quote Originally Posted by Preceptor View Post
    If I were to guess... hmmmm

Like CJPC said, it's something that can help them help us... So the best news I could think of related to this is: They found a way to replace the original firmware with a custom one, either by torturing a sony executive into giving them sony's private key or... they found a way to bypass the check. It aint THE hack but the closest thing next to it. The next step would be to modify the original firmware to make it hacked.
    if they found a way to replace the firmware, that is not big news, that is HUGE NEWS. I dont believe this can possibly be it... that would basically mean ps3 is hacked....

@ CJPC
    Are you guys really sure of making any new news public ?
    Since the fragile situation that the ps3 seems to be about a hack, I won't say it's the best choice to turn public any news until it's not reversible by sony. But as everybody knows "you are the guy"

Best of luck for everybody.

@ all
    if the ps3news irc channel is closed why we don't create a side channel like #ps3news-chat. I've once talked with cjpc in ps3news irc channel and it was some fun (for me ) it's very sad to know that the irc channel is closed now.

Long live the irc, die msn and others.

Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    Are you guys really sure of making any new news public ?

if the ps3news irc channel is closed why we don't create a side channel like #ps3news-chat.
    Anything that could be patched by Sony simply hasn't been posted in recent months, per agreement between the PS3 Devs, until such time as they feel it's warranted... so no worries there.

Regarding the IRC channel, there is nothing wrong with EFnet #ps3news (we can unlock it at any time for the public again) but as I mentioned above... none of the Devs have time to idle and chat there so what purpose would it serve?

Many (not all) of the PS3 Devs here barely have time to keep one another updated on PS3 projects, and don't have the time/desire to deal with random people bugging them for updates or info that they wish to keep private anyway.

Well for me I would love to be updated at irc with fresh news about PS3 hacked status it's closed , I am on irc very often Maybe I don't have many posts but visit ps3news all the time, this is my best source

About geohot I don't bother his hair cut, as long as he will be working at PS3 to be hacked he is the man !!! and about Belzar hmm don't know what to think about it.. but something tells me that this is good way to get PS3 cracked. Well as You say "Hope dies the last" Let's hope and stayed tuned.

Take care guys and keep as updated Cheers straight fro Poland
    Last edited by Pawlakosss; 08-25-2009 at 06:52 AM

I'm pretty stoked its been months since we have had actual dev news..

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News