Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe Someone should have a look at the Slim Console... new/changed Hardware...Maybe Sony forget something to change. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think that the slim has improved security on the hardware side. Just my 2 cents

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    when he say: "@BADASSC5 v1 is open source, try making the new exploit work"

this "Exploit" isnīt about PS3 or... is?

Arrow

Nah, they are talking about phone (not PS3) hacking there... see the other guy's Twitter he replied to: [Register or Login to view links]

@geohot cuz any1 going back to 3.0 keeps same bb and so as long as we dont upgrade bb again we could use 5.11.04 exploit to reuse our phones
    2:37 PM Sep 5th from web in reply to geohot

@geohot reason i ask is that alot of people updated bb during 3.1beta and r sol, but since ther is a known explot in 5.11.04 wuldnt it work?
    2:35 PM Sep 5th from web in reply to geohot

@geohot How hard would it be to change your program purplsnow to work on 05.11.04 bb baseband if an exploit already exists and is documentd?
    2:31 PM Sep 5th from web in reply to geohot

Granted geohot did find another module on the iPhone that could be exploited but he did require other people's work to initially get him into the iPhone to create purplesn0w. His method on the iPhone did work but it was too big and used up too much memory and was quite buggy. With that said, I do hope that he can get something going on with the PS3. I'm just not going to hold my breath on this one.

I have great faith that somehow by some one/group it will be done very soon, probably not this year though...

Surely though if geohot and/or the devs actually do find a mad exploit or hack will we really find out through these pages and geohots twitter account. I doubt it, I think we won't know how successful anyone is until the hack actually gets released. Why announce you've done it before you can apply it to anyone's machine and then Sony fix in an update or something anyway.

Oh well its fun going between here and there everyday expecting the good news to suddenly be released, knowing deep down you'll be doing this a lot before that day arrives.

Hackers/devs whoever is doing something, keep going, your great, only wish there was somehow a newbie could help also

Lightbulb

It might require an information leak from sony or ibm to hack the console. Maybe enlist some internet hackers to snoop around.

Everyone should also keep in mind that the ps2 also had a very rough road in its quest to be hacked. ESR is still not in a final state and we've had a decade to explore the ps2. lets not put to much pressure on the talented Devs out there working for free, every chance they get.

These guys should be commended for their work and dedication, some even going as far as to put the scene before their everyday lives. also keep in mind companies have million dollar budgets & teams to engineer consoles, while the average joe has a $19.95 budget and the weight of the world on his back.

So to the average Joe Dev... Thank You, keep up the good work!

just a thought

lol. Actually I think they do it whether we cared or not. They arent necessarily trying to hack it because we are asking them to and I am not sure many of them care if ppl complain or have doubts. Always thought that the scene was like that, doing it for the love of it and not because some noob wants it done. Hacking the ps3 would be the ultimate bragging right probably for a decade to come.

Arrow

Geohot is still plugging away adding to the PS3 Hypervisor Function List. Sadly though, with the exception of lv1_map_device_dma_region none of them are much use... and even with that function you can't DMA to the HV Memory and the only other Memory is Linux so basically useless.

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News