Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    good job Chief, i just read this thread an hour ago and it was closed. it never surprises me how on top of everything you are.

with the big news on the Dev front, now a tweet from geohot, thing are looking more & more promising.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry but i don`t get it at this point.

Is this thingy, probably ordered by cjpc, a developer unit? is it now possible for the dev team to program all they want?

is george hotz in the dev team of ps3news?

what is needed from IBM? Maybe i can help

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by final94 View Post
    Is this thingy, probably ordered by cjpc, a developer unit? is it now possible for the dev team to program all they want?
    Yes, more details are linked here on it: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post270523
    is george hotz in the dev team of ps3news?
    Not at this time, but he's been invited... see here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post269661
    what is needed from IBM? Maybe i can help
    If you work there and can be of help, definitely Contact Us and we will reply with more details... the documentation/files we are currently seeking from someone 'on the inside' at IBM isn't something that should be discussed on public forums.

Although GeoHot has had great success in the past, I'm willing to bet the ps3 will be a challenge, even for him.. especially alone. Here's hoping he joins up for a united effort... or at least shares his findings.

Question

Someone know if it's true that geohot switch into hardware? What he can search on hardware? BD firmware pach ?

Thank to all for answer.

news from geohot... he is really persistent which is good
    @Sniglum turns out the hypervisor blocks the hw irq disable. call to hv irq function worked.
    ps3 going back together, guess my screwdriver and resistor aren't high tech enough. have to wait for land of scopes and FPGAs

I think geo is looking for something akin to the xbox 360 hack (not quite the same, but he's looking for some points in the hardware to access something)

We'll see what he brings in the next little while.

One of the things I'm looking forward to if the PS3 gets hacked is mods for games installed as PKG's, meaning no backup games.

With Geohot and with the big ps3tool for ps3dev team, this year will definitly be the year where the Ps3 will be unlocked ;p

Keep up the good work dudes.

I don't think the ps3 will be unlocked this year. I sure would hope so. But it's like 3 months remaining, and I think that by then the dev team will understand the dev tool and could make progress. Can someone give Geohot proper tools so he can go further!

Sponsored Links
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News