Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Anyone having access to PlayStation 3 AV Testing Tool ?

Sponsored Links
    According to [Register or Login to view links] it enables
    • Capability to play BD-ROM master images on BD-R/RE
    • Region changing capability (supports changing between BD region A/B/C)
    • Switching HDCP On/Off

These capabilities would be interesting for common users as well. It would also suggest that BR drive region lock is firmware-based only - can any dev confirm? Is anybody having access to such system?

Also what I would be interested is playing DVDs from other regions (I own some) as well as PS2 games from other regions (I have European PS2 compatible PS3 and accidentally bought some US PS2 games that I'd love to play).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    Also what I would be interested is playing DVDs from other regions (I own some) as well as PS2 games from other regions (I have European PS2 compatible PS3 and accidentally bought some US PS2 games that I'd love to play).
    How I'd love for that to be possible! I'm sure in a few months the wonderful mobs that are creating CFW and the likes will work something out!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, it has been said that a AV Testing Tool is essentially like a Shop/Demo PS3, it the sense that it is just a PS3, with a changed firmware.

Which is true, but the AV Testing Tool is a PS3 TEST, with an altered firmware that allows the manipulation of those few settings!

So it should be possible to extract required binaries (if they're not present on retail units) and modify XMB to use them?

Also if it is possible to do on AV Testing Tool does it mean that the BR drive is region free? Or allows unlimited number of region changes? Does the same thing apply to retail units?

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News