Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Another World PS3 Homebrew Game & PSARC PS3 Extractor Out

Sponsored Links
    This weekend French PlayStation 3 developer Bobby6killer has shared a PS3 homebrew game port of Another World v0.1.0 and also made available a PSARC PS3 extractor for Linux below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote, roughly translated: Bobby6killer offers a port of the game Another World (DOS version) on the PS3.

The developer had already made ​​a tool [Register or Login to view links] that can compress archives PsARC quickly under Linux.

Another World for PS3

This project is based on the reverse engine made by Gregory Montoir, and reimplements the game Another World to be played on PS3. You need the original English DOS data files (in english, the game is known as "Out of This World").

Today it is a reimplementation of the game Another World in PS3, with some additional features from the original game:
    • save / load the game on the fly with display of the status of "state game" via SDL_ttf
    • bypass protection of the wheel of the game
    • multiple fixes, including support for running on 64 bit architecture... Respect closely the PS3...

Controls:
    • Arrow keys = Allow you to move Lester
    • Cross = Allow you run/shoot with your gun
    • Select = allow to enter a code to jump at a specific level
    • Start = pause the game
    • Triangle = quit the game
    • R1 = save game state
    • L1 = load game state
    • R2/L2 = change game state slot

You need to play the DOS version original English, the French version is not supported. You can find it under the name "Out of this World".

Installation / FAQ:

Where should i place the original game files ?
    • Install the. Pkg of games.
    • Place the contents of Dos games (finding oneself) in / dev_hdd0/game/NEWRAW_00/USRDIR/data folder.

Game freezes and system restarts when i want to leave the game, wtf ?
    • It's a known bug, you must use TRIANGLE button to exit game

Credits

Finally, there is a known bug. It is imperative to leave the game by clicking TRIANGLE and not via the HOME button, otherwise it will restart the PS3.

A video for those who have not experienced this game hard but exciting from what I remember:

Find all the info on his [Register or Login to view links] !

PSARC PS3 Extractor for Linux

This project reimplements some features of the win32 utility psarc.exe located in the official Sony PS3 SDK 3.41.
    It allows you to extract PSA archive data.

Changelog:

Release 0.1.2 (2011/11/01)
    • fix bug in large archives

Release 0.1.1 (2011/09/02)
    • fix large files
    • fix names of generated directories

Release 0.1.0 (2011/09/24)
    • first public release

FAQ:

Can i build it on Windows ?
    • Actually, no...

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the news boss , good to see another dos port of a game. It looked like an epic game for the time back then and it still looks epic.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is cool... very cool.

Nice to see Bobby6killer back in game again, after his "Another New Update Software" for Windows.

Ah, and the good old *.PSARC extractor found his way to Linux - I think they had other ways to extract that without this software anyway.

I loved that game it was simply amazing just like Flash Back. Both are still today worth to play

I played this and flashback on the amiga and they are both great games.

Ok i tried something and have made a FlashBack DOSBox PS3 PKG. But this one use a kind written in .com language and orig Tool i used doesn't let me choose a .com file only .exe. So i changed a bit the source and compiled it to also use .com files. In fact that .com is common dos language and .exe a win-32 one i guess that it should work but i don't know if the ps3 port of DOSBox allows the execution of .com files. Any way if some one wants to test you are free to do so

FlashBack PS3 DOSBox: [Register or Login to view links]

You have to reallocate the + button cause when the licensee screen comes up you just need to press the reallocated + button. The .com will automaticly enter the correct numbers. You have to do this for 6 or so times.

Good to see an actual port of an engine rewrite rather than someone just using dosbox and calling it a port.

How do I play this game. I've installed the pkg but when I start the game he gets off to the ps3 menu. I think I need to do something else, but I've never installed homwbrew games and I don't know how to do it. I have a ps3 slim 320 GB with 3.55 kmeaw.

You also need the DOS version of the game. Just use google and download it but the english version. After install of the PKG you need to put the data folder of Another World DOS into the directory of Another World.PKG. Just read the first post again. Everything is explained there.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News