Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well if the have blocked those who are not in the beta from getting the patch then we can solve that prob. If someone who has received the patch copies the patch data from the ps3 save data folder to a usb drive and upload it to this site then we can all get the patch.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nah they didn't. It's all lies, I checked the official PS boards and no one has the patch yet. When it does come out I doubt that they'll limit the patch to any certain group just because it happens right at startup.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Folding@Home URL to replace for Australian Ps3 is

[Register or Login to view code]

From what i read it wasnt posted before, hopefully useful to someone.

Regards,

Wad

Just want to inform that the patch IS out - I downloaded it 5 minutes ago and ALAS it won't work for me anymore (i am unofficial user). It asked for a higher firmware, I am on 1.6 ATM so I guess 1.7 or 1.8 is required to continue playing. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mintor View Post
    Just want to inform that the patch IS out - I downloaded it 5 minutes ago and ALAS it won't work for me anymore (i am unofficial user). It asked for a higher firmware, I am on 1.6 ATM so I guess 1.7 or 1.8 is required to continue playing. Damn!
    Even with the firmware bypass trick?

Damn, 1.6 FW and below don't work. I think the update checks the FW version on the PS3 itself when you download it. Doesn't work for me even with the bypass.

Shame, a real shame

Yup, works perfectly for me and I'm unofficial. Whoooo! Now time to see if these problems have been fixed up! Also that was surprisingly quick. It was literally a 1 minute download on a crappy connection. Wonder what it did.

Edit: One thing I can tell right off the bat is that there are a hell of a lot more ranked servers.

# Improved Stability: We made several changes to core systems to help our stability problems. While some of you may still experience some crashing, this build is *much* improved.
    # Fixed Server/Client Release: Gamer servers now correctly release clients if they quit the game, unexpectedly disconnect, crash, etc. No more servers filling up with "ghost" clients.
    # Push-to-Talk: Now players can activate the VOIP by pressing the L3 button. Press L3 to activate a voice chat channel, release L3 to deactivate voice channel. The graphics/HUD updates that I mentioned in a post the other day are not in this patch, just the PTT functionality.
    Last edited by coheedcollapse; 06-12-2007 at 02:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just wondering, what happens if Sony finds out that you are an unofficial user? Will they just kick you out and block you from playing Warhawk Beta of will they go haywire and ban you like M$ did with FW modded consoles?

I'm probably gonna check it out myself but all I need to know right now is if anyone experienced any freezes after the update?

@Zhar Chances are they won't do anything. Sony can't possibly ban/penalize users because they decided to distribute a beta game on an unsecured server and then require no authentication at all to log in. For all they know, those who used the proxy method had a friend in the beta that came over, downloaded the game, and installed it on their friend's console. There's literally no way to tell the difference.

@DarkUSS I hear that some people are still having freezing problems, but I played for about 2 1/2 hours today with no freeze ups at all (that's a record for me, I usually get about 2 an hour... maybe 1 an hour if I'm lucky).

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News