For those who are asking about the F@H Method:
I forget where I saw this yesterday... but here is what I ended up doing...
1. Download and Install PS3 Proxy Server
If you don't know the IP to use for this then simply download PS3 Proxy
and it will tell you the IP address to use and what port number.
2. Run PS3 Proxy Server GUI
3. Go to the replace files tab and on the left empty box paste the following (it is the URL to the F@H download)
NTSC (US) F@H:
PAL (EUR) F@H:
ASIA (JAP) F@H:
4. On the right empty box put in the URL to the pkg you want to download and install.
5. Go back to proxy settings and ensure you have the proper settings filled out with PS3 mode checked off.
6. Set your PS3 to connect via proxy to the IP address you were given, (i.e. 192.168.x.xxx port 8080)
7. Once this is done Press start on the PS3 ProxyServer, it should now say "Stop" and yield no errors.
8. Go to PS3 and begin to download and install what appears to be F@H, however the size of the file will show that it is not really F@H (I BELIEVE).
9. Let it download and install, then enjoy!
NOTE: This was written based upon using a NTSC PS3 FW 1.8, if you have any modifications for your specific PS3 type and FW please let me know.
I didn't find it as fun as I thought it was hyped up to be, but I did fun gettin my butt kicked in a dogfighting server (one game I ended -2)