Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Registered User xmaestersquallx's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1.7 users need to use folding@home link instead of pss. confirmed working.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How does one access the link to download the demo from the Folding@Home link? How do I access the PS Store from there?

I also get the same problem, btw. Downloading normally will cause the Install Error, and sending it to the background causes it to download to the Photos folder. This is using the PS3 Proxy by CF3B5, btw. Using the one from 3r1c hoards CPU usage on my PC, which doesn't really seem right. It also hangs after prolonged usage with redirects (particularly with big files such as the NGS demo).

Gah sorry, triple post...can't seem to find the "Edit" button. >_<

I tried using the 3r1k version on Vista (did the CPU thing on XP), however the main window disappears after I click "OK" on the confirmation dialog.
    Last edited by ArcticZero; 04-27-2007 at 11:59 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xmaestersquallx View Post
    1.7 users need to use folding@home link instead of pss. confirmed working.
    What's that supposed to mean? I used the Playstation Store and it seems to work fine, you just need to download in background like others have said. How does the folding@home link work better?

Registered User xmaestersquallx's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As for some like the above and as well as myself, when doing the download through proxy and using the PSS and "downloading in background" it will save to photo and will error. For those that have that happen to them, you need to do the first downloads using the folding@home link. After that i noticed that when you try PSS again it will now revert to saving games to the games folder instead of the photo folder.

ok, this one also works for me, for firrmware 1.7. If you are having problems with error and photo directoy, uninstall the folder@home (if you have it), and install it again using the proxy to redirect your downloads. tnks xmaestersquallx

Okay, I got the hang of the folding@home trick, but tougher thing, how do I get rid of the two first tries I made with PSS, that got into "My photo" folder? Cause I hate useless crap filling my HDD...

Quote Originally Posted by vaizi View Post
    Okay, I got the hang of the folding@home trick, but tougher thing, how do I get rid of the two first tries I made with PSS, that got into "My photo" folder? Cause I hate useless crap filling my HDD...
    Go to your photo folder in XMB. Select the file you want to delete and hit Triangle. You should get a Delete option unless it doesn't work on corrupt data.

Quote Originally Posted by OnA XM202 View Post
    Go to your photo folder in XMB. Select the file you want to delete and hit Triangle. You should get a Delete option unless it doesn't work on corrupt data.
    Thx for the info, but I already knew the TRIANGLE "trick" lol ^^. My problem is that it doesn't seem like there's any file in my photo folder, but I know I lost disk space, so I'm sure there are 2 ninja gaiden.pkg file wandering out there... somewhere... in the PS3 wilderness.

you could always backup all your ps3 stuff using a usb hard drive then format the drive to recover the lost space.

Use The Folding @ Home Link Address In The PS3 Proxy Instead To Install Games Properly. Confirmed!

Sponsored Links

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast