Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    OK- that is all I needed, and THANKS CrashCore! I have a suspician we will see some .PKG releases in the near future, and (possibly?) a .PKG loader for those that don't work prior to any "iSO Loader" release. Time will tell...
    What I am looking for is whether or not they have an eboot.bin compressed in them. That is why I intend on finding out how to decrypt and uncompress them.

Sponsored Links

decrypt pkgs

Sponsored Links
    Hacked123, how do you go about decrypting the .pkgs? I would like to help but I don't know where to start.

Sponsored Links

PS3 Directions Buttons

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    What I am looking for is whether or not they have an eboot.bin compressed in them. That is why I intend on finding out how to decrypt and uncompress them.
    Got ya! If I hear anything on that I will let you know as well... but by all means keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by jaynice2 View Post
    Hacked123, how do you go about decrypting the .pkgs. I would like to help but I don't know where to start.
    I tried everything I could think of for now, if I come up something that I could use some help with I'll put it up.

You could try to find some program that would brute force decrypt the file till it see's eboot (even if it's compress file names stay in tack most the time right?) If you can find something to do that would be the best way to help. (Doubt there is anything like that)

I am personally working with flow (with no progress)

Hope this help got it from cobalfaqs

Unpack Sausalito PKG file
    From CobaltFAQs

Most PKG files for Sausalito machines are encrypted tarballs. You cannot just open them with

tar zxf Filename.pkg

like you can for RaQ 4 and before.

To open the PKG and see what's inside it, do

gpg --decrypt --output Filename.tgz Filename.pkg
    tar zxf Filename.tgz

Alternatively this can be combined into one step:

gpg --decrypt Filename.pkg | tar zxf -

--decrypt [file]
    Decrypt file (or stdin if no file is specified) and write it to stdout (or the file specified with --output). If the decrypted file is signed, the signature is also verified. This command differs from the default operation, as it never writes to the filename which is included in the file and it rejects files which don't begin with an encrypted message.

"gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
    gpg: decrypt_message failed: eof"

Wish it would be that easy, anyways tried it with and without the "header" portion of the file.

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Not promising anything but I'm going to try to decrypt the pkg's, I think information to decrypt the file is the 96 bits after the title of the game. Going to try everything I can before I pass out and goto bed, but don't expect anything, I'm "The Thinker", not necessarily the do'er... not just yet.
    In Flow pkg you can see:

the total file length @ offset 1C (07CF2A20)

the contained file length @ offsets 2C and F0 (07CF2880)

so the difference is 1A0 (like for all the others pkg) and so the header is 416 bytes, those are the bytes that we have to check in order to decrypt/decompress these pkg.

I believe gpg has to do with mail messages... and so does pkg's... o well, it won't be to long, at least we have a specific goal.

does anyone want to try double clicking it from a Mac. (Another under our noses thing maybe?)

I did a test yesterday, I backed up the data on the ps3 with the "Backup function", restored the system, and restored the data. Now flOw (which I paid for) gave me the same error as Blast Factor (which I did not pay for): it said that it could not be accessed on my account.

Today I went to download flOw from a real link to get a working copy, and just before the download started I noticed it said "Activating" for a second or two. The it started the dl as usual but I cancelled it after 1%, went back to the XMB, and flOw worked just fine

So just before it starts do download it activates something, and stores it on the hdd but won't back it up.

If I change the flOw download link to a blast factor .pkg on my pc, it still says "Activating" when starting a download.

Also, when you download like Blast Factor from the flOw link, it still shows the flOw pic and it also pulls information from the REAL flOw pkg file(name). If you check ie flOw pkg in an hex editorm you can see that it's name is FLOWPLAYSTATION3, and thats the exact name that shows up even if you change the link to another games pkg.

Is it possible to sniff all links somehow, and not just the ones with .pkg in them?

Sponsored Links
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast