Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post Video Tutorial: How to run Grand Theft Auto IV at 1080p on PS3

Sponsored Links
    Here is a little how-to guide on how to run Grand Theft Auto at 1080p on the Playstation 3. If you have a 1080p set and the game keeps booting up in 720p all you need to do is disable the other resolutions, I will show you how to do that now…

Go to to the display option under settings:

- Select video output settings
    - Select HDMI
    - Select custom
    - Untick 1080i and 720p
    - Press X
    - Press X again
    - Select finish
    - Launch game

Please note that you need a 1080p HDTV in the 40" range, and preferably connected via HDMI.

Video: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its painful isn't it selecting the correct settings everytime you want to play a 1080P game on the Sony lcd's! One thing you failed to mention then is that if you dont go back in to select the others again after game play is that you will get 576P default for the next 720P or 1080i game!

You would think being a Sony brand that they are compatable and would default the highest resolution but nooo...
    My Samsung HD set defaults to the highest setting of 1080i even with the others selected but its not a full hd set.

One other thing to people using an older Panasonic HD (1080i capable) rear pro tv was that in the XMB main page of the PS3 you could not select 1080i but had to leave the settings as 576P even though this tv was 1080i capable, however when in game would default to 1080i if the game was capable of out putting this resolution. Weird huh!

Sponsored Links