Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Post USB to NTFS Format With MultiMAN PS3 Manager Support Guide

Sponsored Links
    NOTE: You Can NOT play games from your NTFS USB drive.

Things you will Need.

The LATEST MultiMAN manager which can be found here - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...an-114315.html

Step 1 - Formatting your USB (External HDD)

Step 2 - Making/Editing the USB.CGF file that Enables NTFS support on MultiMAN manager.

When you download MultiMAN manager you will find a file named. "USB.CGF" extract it and open it in Notepad, Wordpad ...ETC
    NOTE: The text entered on Notepad Varies between USB drives.

Step 3 -
    Copy your new "USB.CGF" to your PS3 (/dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR) VIA FTP or MultiMANs File Manager and press [Start + Triangle] to toggle NTFS mode!

MultiMAN should read your NTFS External HDD and you can now copy files over 4GB to your PS3 without using a splitting program or FTP.

(IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE A FAT32 or FAT USB to transfer 4GB files over to your PS3 without FTP, look at this guide) - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...tp-119412.html
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Untitled.png   TUntitled.png  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cheers for sharing another handy guide here HeyManHRU and +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great Tutorial Thanks

nice guide !

thx HeyManHRU

Thanks.. been wondering how to do this, saves me a lot of work in backing up my HDD and re-formatting it to FAT32. +Rep

1st class, your tut couldn't of come at a better time now I have Rebug firmware, very nice I might add, and Deank's latest MultiMAN working well, so your tut saved me a lot of time, so thanks.

Nice Tutorial. However, I have a n00b question to ask:

How do you find the values for the USB because i can't find the values for the USB and i don't see the detail tab under USB properties.

I apologize for the double post.
    Last edited by ssj33goku; 05-19-2011 at 09:24 PM

The options that are circled red are supposed to be clicked.

BTW what operating system are you running on your PC?

Can i toggle in multiman back to fat32 mode when i toggle to ntfs?
    Last edited by pcdoctor; 05-21-2011 at 02:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, just press "Start + Triangle" again to toggle back to your FAT32 HDD.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News