Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sometimes you have to set the last value on: "2", i don't know why btw.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey Guys,

I happen to have spare External 160GB and I try to format FAT32 and I cannot copy Resistance game into my External HDD.. But after I format back to NTFS , i manage to get it copy the Resistance game into my External HDD.. Any idea why ?

But I copy 4 games into my NTFS HDD and plug into my PS3 Set and start my multiman it didn't detect any HDD ? Any idea why ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I ahve a 2t external hard drive partioned to 2 drives, 1 is formatted to fat 32 the other to ntfs. after i have done the above will it be able to pick up my ntfs partition or will i have to re format my whole drive ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by herc View Post
    I ahve a 2t external hard drive partioned to 2 drives, 1 is formatted to fat 32 the other to ntfs. after i have done the above will it be able to pick up my ntfs partition or will i have to re format my whole drive ?
    MutliMAN should if it detects them as 2 different drives but not both at once.

So, I'm a little confused.

Can we play games now from a NTFS HDD? Or only be able to copy over 4GB games from it to internal and play the games from there.

Which is kinda awkward, why can't you play games from it, but read and copy files bigger than 4GB from it? There's probably some reason for it, eheh.

Copy only, as the NTFS support is built in the MM itself hence once it will hand over handling back to PS3 it's gone. Direct play from the drive would require NTFS support built into payload / dongle or CFW ...

Will this allow me to read movies from the hdd & play with showtime?

It will only allow you to copy from an external ntfs hdd to the ps3's internal hdd and then watch it from there. Its handy if you don't have a fast home network and don't like splitting bigger movie files.

Great guide. I remember doing this a while back but since reinstalling multiman several times, lost my usb.cfg and forgot how to make another one.

Me too. No way to get VID and PID with linux, damned OS. I borrow a Win7 computer from my house owner, gosh. Damned NTFS, but it's a great improvement, i use it from ages. Beware: sometimes copy is incorrect. Instead of copy 15 Gb , will copy just 7-9 sometimes. Look the size on screen. And when finish, check again. Sometimes appears completed, it's not.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News