Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah. It is ps2 emulation. So 40gb ps3 can't run elfs. You can try other emulators, the most will work as any normal ps2 game. Only a 1% doesn't work. I tried pgen and super nes emulator, and both are working fine.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    if i do this will the ps2 original games that say region locked work on my ps3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by supersaiyan3 View Post
    if i do this will the ps2 original games that say region locked work on my ps3?
    Anything that is REGION LOCKED can be bypassed with a same MEDIA HIGHER TOC game/dvd/bdvd and maybe also backup PS3 games (can't test since i haven't got a blu-ray burner) with a SINGLE SWAP. CDs with cds, dvds with dvds and so on!

BTW, tomorrow, i am going 2 army... in my country i must go 2 years to army.. of course in some months i'll be in a higher position, and also in 10-14 days i'll be out for 24hours i think, so i can answer all yours questions!
    Last edited by ST0RM53; 07-07-2008 at 05:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am a little confused, So if i don't have an original SM disc and a unmodded PS3 can I use this as described above.

Or will the file package above do it all. So i dont have to crack open my ps3?

Thanks guys sorry to be a bit dumb

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM53 View Post
    The elf is booting from the usb stick (a psp in my case). What you can do, use your swap magic 3 dvd to boot mine bootable dvd, so you can copy usbd.irx into the virtual memory card (mc0:/BEDATA-SYSTEM/) first. Then you can boot just fine.

Also look you swapmagic manual about your SMBOOT buttons, coz a different version may have different key mappings. Also i just use the SM coder coz it has better usb regognition, and also doesn't have key mappings that suck, instead it has a nicely done menu.
    Thanks for your reply. It seems I need SM 3 at least in order to use SMBOOT. I don't think my old SM 2 will boot an ELF.

I was wondering though, does it allow you to load the USB Extreme ELF (PS2 ISO loader for USB HDD)? Anyone try it?

I have a 60gb ntsc ps3 and swap magic 3.6. I got the BEDATA-SYSTEM in the mc0:/ with the USBD.irx and when I quit, and when I reboot swap magic and hold up and push L1 it just locks up in a black screen.

what did i do wrong?

I have the old SM 2.0 DVD as well. So, if anybody finds out a way to do this with the 2.0 let us know. I will try some more things, but if not I probably will buy the new 3.6 or 3.8 version.

Lightbulb

small precision, the file usbd.irx must be a specific version to work. we need a version 0.13, 0.14, 0.15, 0.16 or 0.17 usb driver if it does not, as I have already explained when I discovered ([Register or Login to view links])

Arrow

I haven't checked (not into running EMU's on PS3 right now) but another version may be in this pack, which was added a few days before this guide when the initial video tutorial first came online:

PSXLoader For PS3 PS2 Emulator File Pack: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=3971

Swap Magic 3.8 Coder Edition

Hi, I ended up buying the swap magic 3.8 coder edition and having trouble understanding what to do with this. The mapped hotkey's don't work (r1+up ect..) and I read the manual for booting a usb device and asks to go to the SMBOOT menu and boot SMBOOT0 (im assuming).

This brings to a blank screen and doesnt do anything. I think my problem is that i need to access your disc to backup things to the memory card (am i right)? So I tried simply swapping the disc with the burnt disc with no success (using the normal boot), and also tried swapping with a ps2 disc (GTA3, GT3) then swapping to the burnt disc and nothing.

Is there something im missing as i really would like to play mega-drive / SNES on the ps3 (without linux). Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News