Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really appreciate your help, but I don't think you understand my question. You have posted links to 2 different backup managers. The first link, labeled as retail, gives you manager.pkg. The second link labeled as debug, gives you rdx_manager.pkg. The difference between these two, is what I wanted to know. I said screw it and went with the regular manager.pkg. So hopefully I picked the right one.

Also, figured out the package.conf issue. Damn windows appended .txt to it as well even tho I selected all files and specified my own ext (.conf)! Never had that issue before, just had to unhide file extensions in folder options and then rename it without the damned .txt. Then, presto. Package made! Will explore the link you have provided, once again thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The difference is simply that the RDX one is for Debug PS3 consoles to use, while the other is for Retail PS3 consoles.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome Tutorial Buddy keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by neophyte5001 View Post
    I really appreciate your help, but I don't think you understand my question. You have posted links to 2 different backup managers. The first link, labeled as retail, gives you manager.pkg. The second link labeled as debug, gives you rdx_manager.pkg. The difference between these two, is what I wanted to know. I said screw it and went with the regular manager.pkg. So hopefully I picked the right one.

Also, figured out the package.conf issue. Damn windows appended .txt to it as well even tho I selected all files and specified my own ext (.conf)! Never had that issue before, just had to unhide file extensions in folder options and then rename it without the damned .txt. Then, presto. Package made! Will explore the link you have provided, once again thanks.
    Oh I see - sorry about that. I didn't know that there was the debug version. But yes you assumed right with using the retail manager.pkg. Thanks to PS3News for answering that question, and thanks to Pcsx2600 for the comment.

Any more word on this? My Teensy ++ came yesterday and I was gonna follow this to change the BM's info.

Hi Twitch

Which 'word' would you be referring to? lol. The debug RDX manager.pkg for debug consoles or the manager.pkg for retail consoles? Or are you asking about the new manager 1.1 which is meant to come out within the next couple of days [though I've heard that they've made it so it won't work with the Open Source methods, but I think that will be hacked pretty soon, judging by the talent we have here]

In any case, I'd probably recommend installing the PS3FTP first, then editing the location of the EBOOT.BIN from the manager and then overwritting it over an already installed PSN demo. The retail PSN demo/app calls EBOOT.BIN so it'll just be a different EBOOT.BIN.

Tutorial is here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...in-112603.html

LOL This is untested at the moment, and I've been trying to get people to try it. I'm glad that people are using the Ninja Backup Manager tutorial, but that was before the PS3FTP, so I think this new way is easier and more protective for users.

In any case, I'm going to be trying the 'copy EBOOT.BIN' once I get my device, hopefully by the end of this week.

I'm in doubt with your offsets, when you say: 60h

are you talking about the 0x0000060 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    Hi Twitch

Which 'word' would you be referring to? lol. The debug RDX manager.pkg for debug consoles or the manager.pkg for retail consoles? Or are you asking about the new manager 1.1 which is meant to come out within the next couple of days [though I've heard that they've made it so it won't work with the Open Source methods, but I think that will be hacked pretty soon, judging by the talent we have here]

In any case, I'd probably recommend installing the PS3FTP first, then editing the location of the EBOOT.BIN from the manager and then overwritting it over an already installed PSN demo. The retail PSN demo/app calls EBOOT.BIN so it'll just be a different EBOOT.BIN.

Tutorial is here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...in-112603.html

LOL This is untested at the moment, and I've been trying to get people to try it. I'm glad that people are using the Ninja Backup Manager tutorial, but that was before the PS3FTP, so I think this new way is easier and more protective for users.

In any case, I'm going to be trying the 'copy EBOOT.BIN' once I get my device, hopefully by the end of this week.
    Hey thanks for the response, I didnt even see it. I will look at the EBOOT method and give it a shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by longhornx View Post
    I'm in doubt with your offsets, when you say: 60h

are you talking about the 0x0000060 ?
    Oh sorry didn't see your post. Was playing Halo Reach last night - actually I finished it in one night lol

Umm probably lol. Let me check. Oh I see. I was using 010 Editor and Zerotacq template and it states 60h at location. But yes you are correct 0x00000060 or offset 96 [hex workshop]. It's just after the Content ID.

Also that step might be skipped as it seems that changing the bytes 80 00 00 01 to 00 00 00 01 at location 0x00000004 [so at the very start] also un-finalized it. Though still need to have a good hard look.

I'm now unconvinced that the QA_Digest is the K_licensee, in fact it's not as stated (and as Randalf confirmed too) but trying to work out if it's still needed or not. Though copying the QA might not be a bad idea.

Trying to find all the right settings and such. But in saying that I think copying the EBOOT.BIN is probably a better method as it's still using the SFO, Content ID of the original demo.

Thanks for the question longhornx and hopefully twitch will post if it works or not lol

How do you edit the eboot.bin? I have tried all the programs that i can find and nothing shows up but the hex. How do i get it to see the words. Thanks

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News