Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Please don't use qemu. Seriously you are emulating an X86 machine that way which is indeed, slow as hell.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah... it's VERY slow... but anyway thats all we got!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM53 View Post
    Yeah... it's VERY slow... but anyway thats all we got!
    I haven't looked into it but I'm that with the source to Qemu it could be modified to complete certain emulation tasks via alternative SPU's therefor increasing the processing power no less than double.
    Unfortunately the PS3 will not be seeing RAM updates unless the system becomes "enabled" and stops restricting modifications. As it is even if more RAM were easily added...the hypervisor would only allow the system to allocate 192mb (according to the Add-on Src CD's and patches (public info) via reading the src code)

hacked2123 thanks for the info, i still don't know much coding nor that much knowledge because i am still very young! :P

About the Ram, updates... don't we need to modify the bios of ps3 t stop restricting modifications? Also the hypervisor is located into the Fw Nand flash isn't it?

maybe it is possible to boost the ps3 ram with usb 2.0 memory sticks?

I don't think you can compare the 480Mbit speed of usb with the Gbits of RDRAM... besides, u mean the usb sticks that r supported by vista... it would be far more complicated and useless(coz r n't supported by games) than swaping ram chips...

hey i have a question is my installation working right cuz its been on installing devices for about 2 hours thank you

yp..i said that it would need HOURS!

Exclamation help

hi i got qemu working but linux wont mount my windows cd (DUNNO WHY) so i ripped the cd on my pc then tranferd it to my ps3 ydl desktop thro a usb key and when i type ;

qemu -hda win.img -cdrom /root/Desktop/WINXP.iso -std-vga -boot d

i get this;

Could not configure '/dev/rtc' to have a 1024 Hz timer. This is not a fatal
    error, but for better emulation accuracy either use a 2.6 host Linux kernel or
    type 'echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq' as root.
    Could not allocate physical memory

can anyone help it would be kind because the first time i ever used linux was on my ps3 so u can imagine i dont know.. thx again if you help

ps ive been trying to get it working and i have been having one problem after the other

thx in advance
    sincerely hadi mansour

Why dont try an older windows version? Maybe Win9x?

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News