Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I didn't try out older os, first of all because i don't have one. If you disable visual effects in winxp @ ps3 it will run a little faster. I have a PIII 866MHz overclocked @ ~950Mhz 192mb SDram and compared to the emulated WinXp they run fast as hell.

I don't think the way of emulation is fast. I think if ps3 had more RAM it will increase quality. Ps3 uses Elpida ram. If someone brave enough install more ram-chips (if it has extra slots) or remove and out higher capacity RDRAM, it would be great! Xbox has a similar mod.

Eternal, i didn't tried other OS emulation, because i don't have anyone of them. I don't think emulation is the best way. I have a PIII with 192mb SDram and it runs compared to ps3 fast as hell. It can run Photoshop 7, Nod32, Firefox in the same time w/o stuck...

If ps3 had more Ram i think it would had been an improvement. PS3 uses elpida ram chips. If someone brave enough tries to change the chips with larger RDram chips it would be amazing! Xbox has a similar mod.
    Last edited by ST0RM53; 06-11-2007 at 02:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No probs Storm. Surely though 3.1 or Win95 should run fast enough to play games like Monkey Island and stuff. I'll give it a try one day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Monkey Island?! lol! I am looking ways for free 3d rendering now...

Lol, good luck without RSX though.

EDIT: Although Monkey Island 4 is 3D lol

Could you technically install any program that works on XP on your PS3 now? I mean if we could get Daemon Tools on there and somehow mount an image and get it to run that would be great but I doubt that will ever happen.

@STORM53 - Are you looking for a free 3d rendering program? I believe there is one called Blender which is quite good.

Take a look to dosbox

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    So Storm, very interesting, is it possible to install Win 3.1 or Win 95? Would they be any faster? My aim would be to run old adventure games which only require pre-pentium speeds like 66Mhz and such, that should be fine shouldnt it?
    I would recommend you using dosbox i used to play settlers, constructor and such old games using it at my Linux desktop, and works fine. Under PS3 i have just tried it to play settlers, and it ran also fine.

They support a huge number of dos based games. There is no point at emulating windows for dos games, this would be a better solution, for non windows based games.

But, who wants to play Ms-dos games. Perhaps Sony unlocks the RSX so we can play DOOM 3....

Hmm, i wonder if wine would work a little faster at running apps rather than an emulated XP, but since a lot of pre-vista games have a ppc version of on the same disk it could be posible to run 2d games i.e football manager 06....

Could you technically install any program that works on XP on your PS3 now? I mean if we could get Daemon Tools on there and somehow mount an image and get it to run that would be great but I doubt that will ever happen.

@STORM53 - Are you looking for a free 3d rendering program? I believe there is one called Blender which is quite good.
    yeah u can install any program that is supported by winxp. I didn't had any crush-qemu is very stable. And ppc version of blender doesn't work...(i think i'll try the source instead of the packarge)

Hmm, i wonder if wine would work a little faster at running apps rather than an emulated XP, but since a lot of pre-vista games have a ppc version of on the same disk it could be posible to run 2d games i.e football manager 06....
    Wine would be a huge speed improvement as we don't need to emulate xp to emulate a program. But for bad luck it doesn't come out in a ppc version...

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM53 View Post
    But, who wants to play Ms-dos games. Perhaps Sony unlocks the RSX so we can play DOOM 3....
    Some people would prefer to play DOS games rather than Doom 3. Believe you me

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News