Today I present to you TPMI, a revolutionary cheat device designed to inject slight modifications into TDU2. It was originally intended to be an automatically-installing PKG, but I decided to add more cheats instead, and make a user-friendly interface.
I will be releasing more tools for the PS3 version of this game, for those of you who are avid players of the Test Drive Unlimited series and do not own a jailbroken console, as this tool DOES require decrypted access to the PS3's internal hard drive.
For now, enjoy this tool which allows for injection of four small cheats. If you want more mods/cheats, I'll be happy to update the program (TPMI). Just make a request below.
Upon downloading, please read the readme.txt supplied as it holds instructions necessary for correct utilization.
Download TPMI: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1...TPMI.zip_links
Download source: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/M..._src.zip_links What it does
Allows for seamless injection of "codes", shall we say, that enable small cheats in the game. How to use it
THIS REQUIRES MODIFIED SYSTEM FIRMWARE. [Or unencrypted access to your HDD...]
1. Retrieve the TDU2DLC2v027.big file, BACK IT UP: [it can be located at hdd0:/game/<TDU2_GAME_ID_HERE, i.e. BLUS30527>/USRDIR/TDU2DLC2v027.big
2. Copy it to you computer, and place your TDU2DLC2v027.big file in the same directory as TPMI.exe
3. Run TPMI.exe, select your choices
4. Replace the original TDU2DLC2v027.big file on your PS3 HDD with the modified version
5. Run the game, hope the mods work! Cheats that it can install (at current time)
There are four main cheats that TPMI installs -
1. The Map Teleporter
2. The Game Designer
3. The Invincible Bike Rider, and
4. The Road Unlocker. What each cheat does
1. The Map Teleporter allows the PS3 user to teleport to ANY location on-map. This is extremely useful for getting onto The Secret Island.
2. The Game Designer enables administrative challenge editing. To use it, go to the Start Menu while in Free-Roam, and select "Challenge Editor." If it worked, you should now have ultimate developer controls in the editor. It can be quite glitchy, careful...
3. The Invincible Bike Rider makes any bike rider, well, invincible. Enjoy hitting objects at 200mph+, and never falling off!
4. The Road Unlocker, also not fully tested, allows the user to access any road within the map menu. This is pretty much useless in combination with The Map Teleporter. FAQ [ Or they probably will be ]
Q. Why does the program want to have admin privileges??
A. The program unpacks a series of files into the given directory. It has a manifest to do that, just in case it's used within a programs directory.
Q. One of the mods doesn't work. Why?
A. PLEASE tell me on the forum. I want to help you. But I can't help if you're vague. EXPLAIN WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
Q. How does the program REALLY work?
A. Well, it uses a small program called bincmp.exe. This program allows me to automatically edit the hex value at any given offset.
Example: I want to change the value at offset 003 from 0A to 0D. That means I make a text file, one line, reading:
003: 0A 0D
Or, you can replace the value to change with a ?
003: ? 0D
All of the .hex files contain instructions for editing the .BIG file.
Q. The TDU2DLC2v027.big file is just an update file, what happens when Atari/Eden/Sony updates the game?
A. Tell me on the forum. I'll try to update TPMI.