Here's a brief Tutorial for running Acid PS3 CFW from USB, it's very easy to use so I’ll keep it simple. Here's exactly what hardware and software you will need to get AcidCFW running:
Ok, once you have all that collected then follow these instructions: 1.
- A brain or a friend with one!
- A PS3 console on FW3.41 (Firmware requirement may change in future)
- A method for jailbreaking your console ,EG. Capable smart phone, x3max, PSjailbreak, PIC18f ,Minimus AVR etc. (there are plenty more devices)
- A payload for your device that supports Peek and Poke syscalls
- Firmloader 0.3 homebrew app . (Attached below)
- A USB stick of 256MB or bigger, 128MB is not enough.I recommend genuine brand name USB sticks as cheap ones can cause problems. Of course the faster read and write speeds the better.
- A copy of the latest AcidCFW files.
Before starting format the memory stick as we have discovered fragmentation can cause issues. 2.
Copy all the AcidCFW folders to the root of your USB stick , EG. bdplayer , sys , vsh etc. 3.
Copy the Firmloader PKG file to the root of the USB stick , Now the root directory of your USB stick should look like this: 4.
Turn on your PS3 , make sure to start it in jailbreak mode via power and eject buttons. Now insert the USB stick you prepared earlier. 5.
Browse to the games category install packages icon , Press X, install Firmloader 0.3 by pressing X once more. 6.
Now the app is installed you will find it on Game menu, Run Firmloader by simply pressing X once more. 7.
Thats it , When PS3 reboots you will be able to see the new HAXXX category and various other extra features such as Memery card utility for PS1 and PS2 games and Various enabled Debug options!