Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Post Simple Instructions for Running Acid PS3 CFW from USB

Sponsored Links
    Here's a brief Tutorial for running Acid PS3 CFW from USB, it's very easy to use so I’ll keep it simple.

Here's exactly what hardware and software you will need to get AcidCFW running:
    • A brain or a friend with one!
    • A PS3 console on FW3.41 (Firmware requirement may change in future)
    • A method for jailbreaking your console ,EG. Capable smart phone, x3max, PSjailbreak, PIC18f ,Minimus AVR etc. (there are plenty more devices)
    • A payload for your device that supports Peek and Poke syscalls
    • Firmloader 0.3 homebrew app . (Attached below)
    • A USB stick of 256MB or bigger, 128MB is not enough.I recommend genuine brand name USB sticks as cheap ones can cause problems. Of course the faster read and write speeds the better.
    • A copy of the latest AcidCFW files.
    Ok, once you have all that collected then follow these instructions:

1. Before starting format the memory stick as we have discovered fragmentation can cause issues.
    2. Copy all the AcidCFW folders to the root of your USB stick , EG. bdplayer , sys , vsh etc.
    3. Copy the Firmloader PKG file to the root of the USB stick , Now the root directory of your USB stick should look like this:

4. Turn on your PS3 , make sure to start it in jailbreak mode via power and eject buttons. Now insert the USB stick you prepared earlier.
    5. Browse to the games category install packages icon , Press X, install Firmloader 0.3 by pressing X once more.
    6. Now the app is installed you will find it on Game menu, Run Firmloader by simply pressing X once more.
    7. Thats it , When PS3 reboots you will be able to see the new HAXXX category and various other extra features such as Memery card utility for PS1 and PS2 games and Various enabled Debug options!

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

acidcfwlogosmalljpg.jpg   rootdirectoryofacidcfwu.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for sharing the guide DeViL303 and +Rep!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    More info with pics and video here for anyone interested: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-115712.html

In the pic have 7 folders, but in the zip file from (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...tions-enabled/) have 4, no have folders like "bdplayer", "data" and "sys", why?

Thanks

Banned User
    That is an old version, please read entire thread and you will see.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-114187.html
    Last edited by DeViL303; 12-06-2010 at 11:33 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sweet i'm gonna do this, one question tho, does the ps3 have to be retail or debug?

Banned User
    It needs to be a standard retail 3.41 console.

I downloaded the files from old thread and they dont have all those folders as in the picture

And i download test 2 and it says as a name 3.15, in this thread it says you can use 3.41 what i got so there i'm confused.

Also the dump in the old thread is a dump of 3.15 once again i got 3.41 so how is this possible on a 3.41 with all these 3.15 files?

I need a dump i guess two of 3.41 not 3.15?
    Last edited by masternoah; 12-08-2010 at 08:08 PM

Just get ACID CFW 002 and do what is posted above.

ok, so that would be test02 on other thread ?

Also, why is that named with 3.15 in the name then? i'm running 3.41 i won't brick will i or anything?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News