Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Cool PSN Firmware bypass using only PS3 Proxy!

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys! I have recently come across the fact that PS3 users can now login to the PlayStation Network (PSN), *without* having to upgrade their PS3's firmware...

So for example, I have a the 2.30 Firmware right now (while the latest firmware out as of writing this is 2.35), and until a few hours ago, if I tried to log into PSN, I would be hit with the following message:

But now I can sign into PSN just fine, without having to upgrade to PS3's firmware to the latest one (2.35)...

There are several methods for achieving this result (look around, many methods have been published here at PS3News already !), but I am going to follow the method which I found the easiest. This was originally published on Afterdawn, but wasn't very well explained there. So I am making this as elaborate as possible, so everyone can understand it

Its Features:

• It allows you to easily sign in PSN with having an older firmware..
    • I can confirm that this works on 2.30 Firmware (which I am using). So this should work on all lower firmwares too..
    • People with older firmwares can keep 'em, which are likely to be filled with exploits ...Upgrading to higher firmwares means security hole removals from Sony's part.....which is highly unwanted !!
    • It allows to you to view and download contents from the PlayStation Store too..
    • Although I have not tested this out, but this should also allow you to go mutliplayer in games too..

The Actual Tutorial:

Tools needed:

First, we need a few programs...

PS3 ProxyServer GUI

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=3666

Microsoft NET Framework 1.1 (only get this if you don't have this installed already)

[Register or Login to view links]

Before getting this, its a good idea to just run PS3 Proxy Server by itself. If it installs smoothly, it means you already have the NET Framework 1.1. If you get an error, then you need to download and install it first..

How it's done:

After all the installations have been done, move on..

1) First up, I will cover the PS3 settings that need to be done. On your PS3, go to Settings >> Network Settings >> Internet Connection Settings.

2) Here, you basically need to modify your internet settings. The only change required to tell tell the PS3 to use a Proxy! All other settings need to remain un-altered, as if you are connecting directly to the internet.

As an example, I have covered the IP settings I use to connect my PS3 to the internet, as of before writing this tutorial:

Now I will also use the exact same settings as above, when using this method to (that is, all your IP, Subnet Mask, Default Router, Gateways need to remain exactly the same - no change required here).

3) The only change required in the Internet Connection Settings, is to specify a Proxy Server, since your PS3 will now connect to the Internet through a proxy (i.e. your computer), instead of connecting directly...

So first of all, select the 'Use' option when asked regarding a Proxy Server.

Then on the next step, specify the Proxy Server's IP address and Port. The IP Address will be of the computer on which PS3 Proxy Server will be running. In my case, this is 10.0.0.4. It can be much different in your case... For the Port, use 8080.

4) Now save these updated Internet Connection Settings, but do not Test them as they won't work right now .

5) Moving over to the PC side now. First up, run the PS3 Proxy Server program, which should look like this:

For those you have blindly installed this program, and then figure out that there is no Start Menu/Desktop shortcut for it, then let me tell you that this is the default location for PS3 Proxy Server's EXE :

C:\Program Files\CF3B5\PS3.ProxyServer\PS3.ProxyServer.GUI.ex e
    6) Now on this tab, you need to specify the 'IP Address' of this computer (where PS3 Proxy Server will operate), the 'Port' and the 'Working Mode':

IP Address: Fill in the IP address of the computer here (mine is 10.0.0.4- it could be 192.168.0.x or something very different for you)...This should be the exact same IP which you specified on your PS3 earlier, in the Proxy Server part.

Port (it actually reads 'Prot' ): Leave this at 8080, again like on the PS3.

Check the 'PS3 Mode' option.

Lastly, click on 'Start' to start the server ! At this point, one of two things can happen:

If you get an 'Unhandled Exception' error, it means you did not specify the right IP. So check your IP again if you get this error.

If the 'Start' text should change to 'Stop', then the program is working fine . In the picture below, I have specified my settings. The button reads 'Stop', meaning PS3 Proxy Server is running fine..

But do remember to allow PS3 Proxy the network access from within you firewall !!

7) Now move to the 'Logs' tab, which should be empty right now, like this:

8) Now this is where it gets interesting !! Go back to your PS3, and try to sign in into your PSN account.

Assuming you did all the above steps correctly, and that your PS3 is correctly configured to connect to the Internet through your PC, the following should happen...

After entering your username/password for PSN, when you click on 'Sign In' on your PS3, entries should start to appear in the 'Logs' section of the PS3 Proxy Server running on your PC.

Specifically, when it says:

Signing In...
    Please Wait
    on your PS3, within a few seconds from then, you should see something like this on your PC:

Please note, that after you manage to finally sign into your PSN account, your PS3 will still ask you to upgrade your PS3's firmware. Simply select 'No'...we are not done yet

9) Two links are mentioned in the above screen. We are interested in the second link:

Right click on the second link, and choose 'Save Target As', and save this file somewhere (I have saved it to 'C:\' in this example. Then, again right click it, and this time select 'Copy Shortcut'.

A few things need to be said about the shortcut we have just copied. The link you get here depends on the region of your PS3. Because of this, the second link might be a little different for you guys. For example, my PS3 is European, so I have this think:

hxxp://feu01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/list/eu/ps3-updatelist.txt

Notice the letters 'eu' in the above link indicating my PS3's region. So your second link might differ here...nothing to be afraid of ..Just do everything as I do..

10) Open the ps3-updatelist.txt text file which you just downloaded (using the 'Save Target As' option). In this text file, find the following text...

ImageVersion=00003b05;SystemSoftwareVersion=2.3500
    ...and change it to...

ImageVersion=00000aa0;SystemSoftwareVersion=0.0000
    I have colored and bolded the letters that have been changed.

After the above editing, save the file.

Note that it says SystemSoftwareVersion=2.3500 right now because 2.35 is the latest firmware out, as of writing this. Needless to say, this will probably read different when future firmwares come out..

11) Now come back to PS3 Proxy Server, and move over to the 'Replace Files' tab. Here, you will notice that there are two text fields, and the one on the right has a little button (reading '.') next to it. This is indicated in the first picture below.

12) First, in the left field, paste the shortcut we copied earlier (right click -> 'Paste'). Next, click on the '.' button next to the right field, and browse to the ps3-updatelist.txt file which we just edited. It should now look like the second picture below:

13) Now everything is done !! All that remains is to check whether you can sign in PSN without having the latest firmware ..

So try signing in again. This time, you should be able to login

Thanks for reading this tutorial... Do give me your feedback !!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

26573805ma0_1.jpg   77256964bb8_2.jpg   48456470tu2_3.jpg   78817667dh3_4.jpg   40786889fh7_5.jpg   96221747aw1_6.jpg  

19277402ab6_7.jpg   14748583xp3_8.jpg   11861642jl3_9.jpg   10xi4_10.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I gave ya +Rep and added a few tags to make this easier to find... nice effort.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh yes I finally managed to get this all working thanks to this tutorial thanks loads m8 appreciated

It doesn't work with 2.10 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    I gave ya +Rep and added a few tags to make this easier to find... nice effort.
    thanks... took me 3 hours to write the complete tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by NetRoach View Post
    It doesn't work with 2.10 firmware.
    what error/problem are you getting ?

Quote Originally Posted by AhmadkaX2 View Post
    thanks... took me 3 hours to write the complete tutorial

what error/problem are you getting ?
    I'm getting [An error occurred You have been signed out of PSN (8002A212) ]

When I do a conn test all have succeeded even the PSN.
    Last edited by NetRoach; 05-30-2008 at 05:03 PM

I think the reason for this error is that there is something wrong with the internet connection your PC is providing to your PS3..

Maybe a firewall issue, or that some ports are not open to the PS3...

I am saying that because in the last few days, my DSL has been disconnecting a little, and whenever this happens, I get signed out of PSN automatically, and then get this same error...However, if I try to reconnect immediately, I can..

So inspect that your firewalls are not blocking anything related to this..

Quote Originally Posted by AhmadkaX2 View Post
    I think the reason for this error is that there is something wrong with the internet connection your PC is providing to your PS3..

Maybe a firewall issue, or that some ports are not open to the PS3...

I am saying that because in the last few days, my DSL has been disconnecting a little, and whenever this happens, I get signed out of PSN automatically, and then get this same error...However, if I try to reconnect immediately, I can..

So inspect that your firewalls are not blocking anything related to this..
    Firewall is turned off. I can access the internet on the PS3. It just that I cannot login to PSN. It might have to do with ps3updat3list (checking your system for 2.30 firmware and above. The new PSN may only works with 2.30 and above.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News