Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's a Hermes hex, so unfortunately it will not support older firmwares. For now the teensy v1.0 at90usb162 16Mhz KaKaRoTo hex will have to work, as I am unable to patch this hex for this board. The teensy v1.0 at90usb162 16Mhz hex will work, but it won't have LED support

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so you are saying that hermes v4 for teensy v1.0 will work for USBTinyMKII on PS3 FW 3.15. But, no LED action.

I can live with that if that is the only drawback.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Download source code and compile with the following changes for LED support. These are the only changes from board to board.

[Register or Login to view code]

BOARD = USBTINYMKII is the string the brings in LED support otherwise you can see that the MCU and clock frequency is the same as Teensy 1.0 (That is why any version teensy hex works with USBTinyMKII)

I am glad to see several people jumping in and trying to help each other out and learning how to do stuff themselves. That is why I took a backseat. Also evilsperm has started releasing hexes for this board as and when new versions come out.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    so you are saying that hermes v4 for teensy v1.0 will work for USBTinyMKII on PS3 FW 3.15. But, no LED action.

No, I'm saying Hermes V4 wont work for firmware 3.15, but PL3 compiled for teensy v1.0 will work for the USBTinyMKII on PS3 FW 3.15 as it normally would, but without the LED's.

Today I compiled another set of hexes for this board, but instead I chose to use the PL3 payload. I have included the payloads for the 3.01, 3.10, 3.15 and 3.41 firmware versions. All you do is unzip the file, and select the correct folder for your hex (there is a folder with each firmware version as its name). The download link is attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post

This hex will work on 3.15 for you if you still need one, with working LED's.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyDon View Post
    Today I compiled another set of hexes for this board, but instead I chose to use the PL3 payload. I have included the payloads for the 3.01, 3.10, 3.15 and 3.41 firmware versions. All you do is unzip the file, and select the correct folder for your hex (there is a folder with each firmware version as its name). The download link is attached.

This hex will work on 3.15 for you if you still need one, with working LED's.
    Cheers for all these updates Don I appreciate it

Was just wondering what's the difference with the PL3 payload?

PL3 is aiming to be a universal payload that everyone will use in the future. It was made to combat all the other payload releases (PSGroove, PSFreedom, Hermes etc), and make it so everything was in one place. Initially people had a lot of problems with PL3, but most issues are now fixed.

As of now PL3 doesn't have as large an index of homebrew applications, mainly due to the fact that it is newer than hermes, and due to it using a different syscall it won't run Hermes based applications without modification. However, PL3 is slowly becoming the preferred payload by many, and some people also regard it as more stable.

It's not directly related, but here is a post by KaKaRoTo (The PL3 creator), stating why he favours the PL3 payload over competitors: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ss-114109.html

Ooh ok thanks for the summary, much appreciated. I'll probably stay on my current version and switch over to PL3 when there's a majority of homebrew applications are available on it.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News