Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by crckmc View Post
    i got an 60gb launch ps3 with a ylod. First time i had it i used the heatgun method and it workd fine for a month now heatgun won't work. Do you think i should try the washer trick or just put it on ebay?
    Although this topic/thread is a few months old now, be advised, that gilksy's method of the ylod fix involves using a heatgun in an attempt to reflow the bga's, ic's, and pcb.

This will only fix the YLOD temporarily (few months). I advise anyone who is attempting the fix, to NOT proceed with the guide! If this is done more than once is could result in your pcb being "warped". The only way to truly/permanently repair your ylod, is to have it serviced by a 3rd party repair service team.

They use a reflow stations, ex: (Zephyrtronics ZT-7000) these are professional tools that are valued at thousands of dollars.

Ebay has these services readily available, generally in half the cost that sony would charge, but the best part is, you get your original ps3 back, not to mention you get a 3 month warranty for the service.

Also you do NOT receive a refurbished ps3 like sony does, so your data and psn downloads are all safe and sound. personally, I prefer using ebay for this service, as i find it very convenient to complete this repair process.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Has anyone had any luck using this for the long haul? Maybe a reflow plus the added pressure would be the best possible fix without sending your ps3 away.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Personally a reball is best solution for the long haul. A Reflow is just temporary IMO, but for some it has lasted.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its far better to reball or better yet buy a slim ps3 etc etc.

if you don't know what you are doing you may destroy your console fully.

you need the right tools.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News