Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Post PS3 USBLD Loader Tutorial for all backward compatible 60/20gb ntsc PS3's

Sponsored Links
    ***********************UPDATE********************

Version 0.2 and 0.2b are now available... for the updated files and guide see here:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-hd...tml#post253687

All credit to Ifcaro and this breaking news from our Spanish friends at DemonHades.org. Ok, i was going to create a vmc save to make this much easier so there wouldnt be a need for such a tutorial, but it is impossible because the ps3 will let me save the files to an external device but refuses to restore them.

So first you will need an original/pressed copy ([Register or Login to view links]) of swapmagic i used 3.6 plus, 3.8 should also work nicely.

My ps3 was "picky" so here is what worked for me.

get a usb pen drive or usb hdd or your psp in usb mode, all files needed are HERE (i take no responsibility for the contents!)

extract the files to the root of your usb device (please note not all flash drives may be compatible) load up swapmagic 3.6+ and once to the main screen press up+L2 you will boot into ule3.41 which has built in support for browsing your mass device.

Copy the BADATA-SYSTEM folder to your virtual memory card, Also the file USBLD_01.ELF which is Ifcaro's loader (props to you my friend!)

Go inside that folder and cut the folder PICTURES and paste to the root of your vmc

Do the same for the SWAPMAGIC folder that is also contained in BADATA-SYSTEM.

Now you may remove your flash drive, press your PS button and exit the game.

Start the game again and now your ps3 will autoboot into ule, browse to USBLD_01.ELF and launch it!!! (its a good idea before you get to this point to have a hdd loaded up (use USBExtreme or similar app) and attached to your ps2 with ummm... homebrew iso's... lol)

here's a couple pics of the files installed to memory card, and the loader up and running with usb drive seen connected!!! A first on the PS3!!

and i apologize for the crummy pics, this tutorial was quite rushed as i was away all day, but that being said enjoy!!!

*****Video Tutorial Update******
    [Register or Login to view links] is direct link also for those wishing to watch in full screen

******Video Game Play Update******

Here is the first video i posted but now the full version of it (put on youtube cuz photobucket cut out at 5 min), the game does play fine, cut scene's are choppy but no more than using usbadvance on a PS2.

***************************On 19' PC monitor*****************************

***************************Live Game Play*****************************
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Game%20saves.jpg   Ps3loader.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by idone; 01-28-2009 at 08:17 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice guide, had some trouble working my way in copying the files, but it works! Now all I need is a bigger USB drive (unless I can find a game that is less than 2gb in size). Anyway, great job for the guide and kudos to Ifcaro!

*runs to circuit city to buy a 10% discount flash drive*

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good work, Ifcaro and idone. That's awesome!
    Is this still just for JAP version? under which firmware?
    I remember my PS3 having problems reading SM3.8 with a fw 1.50, telling me it needs an update. lol.

Good work! Keep it up man

nice tutorial idone. Looks very promising for future programs. I'll give this a shot when I am home next and hopefully be posting some good news myself. Well done Ifcaro, mad props to you.

nice tutorial idone, thanks for files too. Just one little question, did you use a japanese swap magic to load it or any sort of sm3.6+ is fine?

Thanks a lot.

re

how do u copy the files when in the mass dir? i see badata-system/ but cant find which button is copy

Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    how do u copy the files when in the mass dir? i see badata-system/ but cant find which button is copy
    Hit the R1 button to bring up the little menu with the copy option.

i did using the psp in usb mode, the usb loader works fine but for some reason it dont recognize my external hdd, so i cant really test any game lol

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by libralion View Post
    Good work, Ifcaro and idone. That's awesome!
    Is this still just for JAP version? under which firmware?
    I remember my PS3 having problems reading SM3.8 with a fw 1.50, telling me it needs an update. lol.
    This will work for all ps3's sporthing EE and GS chips (60gb n 20gb models)
    not sure about 3.8 i only have 3.6+ to test with, and only the dvd works the cd does not!
    Quote Originally Posted by SPYdir View Post
    nice tutorial idone, thanks for files too. Just one little question, did you use a japanese swap magic to load it or any sort of sm3.6+ is fine?

Thanks a lot.
    The ps2 side of the ps3 is region locked so you need jap sm if jap ps3, and us sm if us ps3.

and yes 3.6+ is fine, (it's what i used)
    Quote Originally Posted by aries2k6 View Post
    Hit the R1 button to bring up the little menu with the copy option.
    tks for getting to his question before i could...your posts and helpfulness is appreciated!!!

*****UPDATE****

Video tutorial is attached to first post!

*****UPDATE****
    Last edited by idone; 01-22-2009 at 11:37 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News