Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karuto View Post
    Yes, I can see my iPod on the XMB and it shows up under Mass in the FILEBROWSER (which I'm sure you meant), but it still does not recognize it in USB Loader. Like I said, I used USBextreme to convert my Shadow of the Colossus DVD, copied the files to the root of my iPod, and tried loading it off of that, but it keeps telling me that, "A USB device is required." Any help from there? I'd really appreciate it.
    Well, first of all Shadow of the Colossus is not supported by the loader (at least did not work for me), which is a shame, I have tested 10 games so far and only 3 have worked (SW Episode III, Destroy all Humans and Black), still going through to see what else works. If within the loader on the right side you cannot even see the size of the device (used X gb / free X gb) then is not recognizing it at all. If you can see it under mass as you mentioned, the .irx file is on the right place and is the right version, then I have no idea, you may want to ask Ifcaro himself, I have posted on his forum about a question I had and he answered.

Karuto,
    you definately seem to be having a wierd problem. I was going to say the Ipod is not compatible but you can read mass from Launch.elf so it´s strange. I guess there could be some wierd usbd.irx incompatibilty with usbd loader
    Even stranger is that it doesn´t work on the PSP.

Are you using a generic memory card? Those sometimes gave problems with PSP games. you might want to try formating the memcard and also try another game to see if you have the same results.

I´m including a USBD.IRX for you to try and anybody else who also might be having problems.
    This is the USBD.IRX that is used in Launch.elf 3.41. It was taken from the source code and made with the homebrew ps2 SDK. So its legal and doesn´t have a version number

So if your usb device is compatible with Launch.elf this usbd.irx should work good. Hope you get it worked out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by frozen99 View Post
    As in my title i have managed to run USBLD on my PS3 console....
    May i can explain how?
    Could you please tell me how and did it see the files on your usb device?

Smile USBLD on PAL consoles

USBLD on PAL consoles method:

1) You need Swap Magic 3.6+ and pack
    2) Create a virtual Memory card in PS3
    3) Copy the BADATA-SYSTEM folder to your Virtual Memory Card (on PS3) and rename this folder like BEDATA-SYSTEM (for PAL consoles)
    4) Now copy working USBD.IRX to BEDATA-SYSTEM folder of your Virtual Memory Card
    5) Copy the psxloader folder of this release in the root folder on the pendrive
    6) On psxloader/ you must copy the homebrew elf's
    7) Launch psxloader from the pendrive using SWAP MAGIC
    8) Select USBLD_01.ELF from psxloader menu and select mode E from psxloader menu to get USBLD to work.
    9) Finally launch USBLD from psxloader and it will boot.

Bye.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xil View Post
    Just a question for our PS3 Dev
    Is it possible to install PS2 .elf on Debug PS3 ?
    If it's not possible, I will patch SM to MasterDisc and try the standard method.
    making a disc with all the files needed and the system file pointing to ule will be your quickest bet, or you could just patch your self swapmagic as master but why not just make your own master disc that will boot ule to save a step.

good luck.

I have been able to get my PSP to work, but as mentioned before by someone else, when I try to launch Shadow of the Colossus, it just goes to a gray wavy screen instead of showing the game, which is really unfortunate. I'd rather not get stuck with my PSP, since I want to use it for other things aside from using it as an external USB for my Ps3, and I can't really afford another 4GB or bigger memory stick.

I can not see the space on the iPod in USB Loader, however. That's why it is giving me that "A USB device is required" error, I assume.

@ aries2k6 -- Okay, so do I just put that in the root of my iPod or something? I want to make sure to avoid any errors. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    @TuRDMaN can you also report your fw version to help better trouble shoot others who haven't been able to get it working... tks and appreciated.
    Confirmed working on US 20GB PS3 running firmware version 2.60 (the current firmware version)

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by TuRDMaN View Post
    Confirmed working on US 20GB PS3 running firmware version 2.60 (the current firmware version)
    Thanks! So that means anyone having issues not related to incompatible usb drives is most likely having some sort of "user error"

Which means they should read then re-read the entire thread. Then make sure they are careful to follow the steps correctly.
    Last edited by idone; 01-26-2009 at 12:04 AM

I followed the instructions to a T, but can't seem to get it to work. Would someone mind commenting on which games have been confirmed to work here? I checked the USBextreme site, but they just list which ones work on HDAdvance, and the same games don't even seem to load on USB Loader here....

pal console method?

Quote Originally Posted by frozen99 View Post
    USBLD on PAL consoles method:

1) You need Swap Magic 3.6+ and pack
    2) Create a virtual Memory card in PS3
    3) Copy the BADATA-SYSTEM folder to your Virtual Memory Card (on PS3) and rename this folder like BEDATA-SYSTEM (for PAL consoles)
    4) Now copy working USBD.IRX to BEDATA-SYSTEM folder of your Virtual Memory Card
    5) Copy the psxloader folder of this release in the root folder on the pendrive
    6) On psxloader/ you must copy the homebrew elf's
    7) Launch psxloader from the pendrive using SWAP MAGIC
    8) Select USBLD_01.ELF from psxloader menu and select mode E from psxloader menu to get USBLD to work.
    9) Finally launch USBLD from psxloader and it will boot.

Bye.
    I manage to start USBLD_01.ELF few days ago, .... but no seen usb hdd. did you manage to work this?
    tnx

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast