Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by quick305 View Post
    I have tried this several times with no luck. Hope some here who has it working can give advice. I will list my setup, as well as things I have tried. I have a US 60 Gig model: CECHAO1 made January 2007. I Have Swap Magic 3.3. I used a PS2 to make a folder on the memory card titled SWAPMAGIC. In that folder I have ulanchelf titled SMBOOT0.

I made two folders BADATA-SYSTEM and ELFS. I placed usb.irx ver 14 in the SYSTEM folder and USBLD_V01 in the elf folder. I copied the folders to PS3 via MC_Adapter. I loaded Swapmagic and press up+L1. ULE comes up. It will not see any USB Devices no matter wich version I try. I have tried version 3.41 and 4.17 and the latest.
    Just follow the steps listed in the first post by IDONE, USBLD is supposed to be in the root of the vmc. Also, I had the same problem when I tried to use a different version of USDB.IRX as it would not see my USD devices, just use the files provided by IDONE as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Morri View Post
    Just follow the steps listed in the first post by IDONE, USBLD is supposed to be in the root of the vmc. Also, I had the same problem when I tried to use a different version of USDB.IRX as it would not see my USD devices, just use the files provided by IDONE as well.
    IDONE: I have tried using several USB drives including a PSP. Morri: I Have tried that as well. Still no luck. My model might not be supported. I am hopeing that someone will report that they have the model PS3 as me and got it working. Again my model PS3 starts with CECH.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can not seem to get this to work with my 80GB iPod. Is this possible to do, and I am just not doing it right? Thanks!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    IDONE: I have tried using several USB drives including a PSP. Morri: I Have tried that as well. Still no luck. My model might not be supported. I am hopeing that someone will report that they have the model PS3 as me and got it working. Again my model PS3 starts with CECH.
    CECHA01 has EE, and works...i use my trancend 8gb usb flash drive and a 250gb hdd in an external case..i have a memorex stick that does not work.
    Not all usb drives work.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuto View Post
    I can not seem to get this to work with my 80GB iPod. Is this possible to do, and I am just not doing it right? Thanks!
    No their is no 80gb console that has EE chip, only some that emulate it, and those dont work atm.

actually mine is a CEBH, but the USB not being recognized sucks, I used 2 different USBs, both were recognized in the XMB and only 1 by the loader, then for no reason, the loader would not recognize it anymore, then changed to the PSP which worked and now using an external hdd, this may sound dumb but make sure it is formatted as fat32.

Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    No their is no 80gb console that has EE chip, only some that emulate it, and those dont work atm.
    Well, please take a second to look a little closer at what I typed. I said I'm using an 80GB iPod. Not an 80GB PS3. I have a first-generation 60GB PS3 that plays PS1 and PS2 games. I wanted to know if I could use my 80GB iPod as the external hard drive. Thanks!

EDIT: By the way, I tried with my 4GB Sony PSP as the external hard drive, but it would show this weird "Memdisk" with numbers after it, and when I pressed X on it or Start Game, the program would freeze. It wouldn't do anything, because I sat there for a few minutes to see if it was just loading very slowly.

I used USBExtreme's Game Installer to put the files on my C drive (because that's the only one it would recognize), and I moved the files over to the Portable to the root of the memory stick. I had four files. Is this what you're supposed to do? I followed the tutorial to a T from the beginning, but I just wanted to make sure I had everything right. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Karuto; 01-25-2009 at 12:24 PM

Just a question for our PS3 Dev
    Is it possible to install PS2 .elf on Debug PS3 ?
    If it's not possible, I will patch SM to MasterDisc and try the standard method.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuto View Post
    Well, please take a second to look a little closer at what I typed. I said I'm using an 80GB iPod. Not an 80GB PS3. I have a first-generation 60GB PS3 that plays PS1 and PS2 games. I wanted to know if I could use my 80GB iPod as the external hard drive. Thanks!
    If you can see the ipod within the XMB is a good start, then run SM and when ULE comes up, go to the PS2BROWSER and click on MASS, if you can see the ipod files from there you should be able to use it.

Yes, I can see my iPod on the XMB and it shows up under Mass in the FILEBROWSER (which I'm sure you meant), but it still does not recognize it in USB Loader. Like I said, I used USBextreme to convert my Shadow of the Colossus DVD, copied the files to the root of my iPod, and tried loading it off of that, but it keeps telling me that, "A USB device is required." Any help from there? I'd really appreciate it.

Ifcaro USBLD on PS3 PAL console WORKS!!!!!

As in my title i have managed to run USBLD on my PS3 console....
    May i can explain how?

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News