Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Can we save the iso on ps3 hdd?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelmessi View Post
    Can we save the iso on ps3 hdd?
    no, only an external usb device.

I have three (maybe stupid) questions:

1. Can I use an normal USB Stick instead of an external HDD to put the games onto?
    2. Do you have to convert the iso in any way before you put it on the USB device?
    3. Does you tutorial work for PAL PS3s as well? Or still only your JAP ones?

re

dosen't seem to work on my 60 gig pal.. ps3 keeps rebooting swap magic unless i delete virtual mc.

To all PAL users out there, be careful with this.
    I tried to follow the tutorial on a PAL console, got the files compied over to a vmemcard and tried to start SwapMagic (3.8coder) again, ps2 logo popped up and went to black screen then "crashed" or booted back up in PS3 mode with no error msg.

When I tried to reboot my PS3 after transferring files to the vmemcard my PS3 got stuck in user select menu, and some times it got stuck before even getting the user list.

I dont know if it has anything to do with the USBLD Loader or not, maybe my PS3 just decided to mess with me. Had to format the HDD to fix the issue

Note: I'm not bashing or calling the USBLD Loader fake or anything like that, and I dont know if this will happen on a US/JAP console.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman22 View Post
    I have three (maybe stupid) questions:

1. Can I use an normal USB Stick instead of an external HDD to put the games onto?
    2. Do you have to convert the iso in any way before you put it on the USB device?
    3. Does you tutorial work for PAL PS3s as well? Or still only your JAP ones?
    1, yes
    2, yes you need to use USBExtreme or a similar app to transfer the game. And being that the drive/usb pen has to be formatted to fat32 most .iso's wouldnt fit if it did work like that.
    3, no this is only for ps3's that have both EE and GS chips...which are jap and us launch consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    dosent seem to work on my 60 gig pal ps3 keeps rebooting swap magic unless i delete virtual mc
    read above... hopefully pal consoles get sorted out in a newer release.

everything works fine, but when i get into usb loader it says connect usb device any suggestions? what am i doing wrong? plz help

are you sure that this doesn't work with the CD version? I have a 20 gb and want to try it, but my DVD version a friend has at the moment.

Lightbulb

Most PS3 consoles will not read/load the CD version, however, if yours does feel free to give it a try. I tried the 3.6 CD in my PS3 and it didn't like it, so I had to use the 3.6 DVD to load Swap Magic.

that really sucks. I bet my friend can't even find it, let alone he'd have to mail it to me before I tried. I just tried anyway to be honest... my ps3 didn't sound right, like it was loading pretty hard and is too expensive for any laser defects so I hit the PS button and it brought me back to the xmb.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast