Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by luix View Post
    talking with the target unit is not the problem. i use the "dtpreset" commando to restart the test unit. everything seems to work except the cellftp.self thing. are there special settings to make on the ps3 or in the pc, except the one in the guide and the $ony guide? its crazy, but i don't give up

i pressed enter till the buffer full massage?
    Yeah- its good that the PC -> PS3 are talking. Before running cellftp.self open a new window and run dcmanager - see what output you get!

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    i got this? when i run dcmanager before the cellftp.self thing

by the way, are the settings under dtcparam correct (pic in the post above)?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

dcmanager.JPG  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hey cjpc can you help me out. imtoodvs and me tried it toghether, but with no success;-( everything is installed correct on my pc, the firewall is deactivated. the ps3 boots in dbg mode and i can see the "debugging station" screen on tv. maybe it didn't work with FW 3.20.

i ran dcmanager before i wrote the -nodebug cellftp.self commando. when i entered the dcmanager commando, the mini debug agent in the dtccons window pops up.

please help me out!!
    Last edited by luix; 04-18-2010 at 10:08 AM

hey cjpc can you help me out. imtoodvs and me tried it toghether, but with no success;-( everything is installed correct on my pc, the firewall is deactivated. the ps3 boots in dbg mode and i can see the "debugging station" screen on tv. maybe it didn't work with FW 3.20.

i ran dcmanager before i wrote the -nodebug cellftp.self commando. when i entered the dcmanager commando, the mini debug agent in the dtccons window pops up.
    Well, it seems the issue is your PC, since everything can talk properly (at least, PC -> PS3). What you might want to try is killing dcmanager (it starts with bedbg -prepare), then re-running it manually, then re-doing bedbg -nodebug cellftp.self

the error he's having says "dcmanager invocation failed", i tried to research & passed out last night... lol.

sorry about that luix

hey guys thanks for your great support, can't say this often enough )

yesterday i tried it several times, with no success. the only thing i see is that the pc-ps3 is communicating, i made everything as usual, then i plugged in my controller, and look, in the dtccons appears a massage, controller succesfully plugged in (or something like this) so the communication is not the problem. ok, tomorrow i use another pc, maybe this is the problem.

@cjpc: how manually stop the dcmanager? to start i just put in the "dcmanager" commando, but how can i stop it?

@imtoodvs: hope you got sleep this weekend ) thanks and hope we will have a second team-viewer session. we'll handle this prob sometime!

nice day guys.

is this the way to stop the dcmanager?

To stop a command being executed on MSYS, press Ctrl + C.
    This method can also be used to stop the host file server or the like.

by the way, can i end every process with this method, cause after each try i restart my pc, cause the they are running in the background.
    Last edited by luix; 04-19-2010 at 07:17 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@cjpc: how manually stop the dcmanager? to start i just put in the "dcmanager" commando, but how can i stop it?
    Since your running Windows pull up the task manager and take a look for dcmanager in the list of running applications - and kill it!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Since your running Windows pull up the task manager and take a look for dcmanager in the list of running applications - and kill it!
    ok guys, after trying this on 3 pc's i still have the problem that i can't get access to the bd-drive of the ps3 (cellftp.self didn't work).

i installed everything, first mingw, then msys and msys tdk.
    i changed the Environment Variable Settings and set it up.

next step was to set the parameters:

$ cp $CELL_SDK/host-win32/etc/gdbinit.ppu ~/.gdbinit.ppu
    $ cp $CELL_SDK/host-win32/etc/gdbinit.spu ~/.gdbinit.spu

and i made the work folder (~/work). i put the cellftp.self in this folder. the dtnetm is in C:\usr\local\cell\host-win32\bin

ok, everything seems ok, i connect the ps3 through dtnetm. it says target connected. so far so good.
    next step is to change the folder to ~/work. now i did the "bedbg -prepare" commando.
    at this point "dcmanager.exe" is not running. when i now do the "bedbg -nodebug cellftp.self" commando i get the innvocation failed on port 11001 error, but the "mini debug agent" message appears in the dtccons window. when i do the commando "bedbg -nodebug cellftp.self" a second time the spu window pops up. but nothing happens in the dtccons window, hit enter a view times but nothing.

ok, now i made it like cjpc says. go to the point where you do the "bedbg -prepare commando".
    then i started the dcmanager manually (pic attached), it looks fine.
    after that i do the "bedbg -cellftp.self" commando. no error appears, wow looks good, but in the dtccons window, all i can see is the "mini debug agent" message.

now i can switch on my controller and dtccons reports, controller connected! i can talk to the ps3, but it seems that i can't run the cellftp.self. so i think its a ps3 setting or fw 3.20 or my sdk. i have the 1.60 sdk and the dtnetm from luis.
    if i can get the downgrade pup i can try if its the fw, or can someone confirm, this works on fw 3.20.

please help me, don't know what to do??

forgot the pics, sorry

dcmanager.JPG   spu.JPG  
    Last edited by luix; 04-20-2010 at 03:41 AM

i just plugged my test back up luix, i'm on the case, we'll get you up & running if it kills us.

thx imtoodvs)

it seems that my ps3 test can handle the cellftp.self, cause in the spu window nothing appears, i must get an error or success message, or iam wrong?? and what the hell is this second file in my work folder?

@cjpc or any one else who can answer this question:

1.) when i use the dtcparam i can see my parameters of the ps3 test, but when i for example put in "dtcparam bd=drive" nothing changes??

when everything is running, i will make a new guide with some commands you can use and much more, so no other noob has this probs like me)

pics attached

spu.JPG   work_folder.JPG  

Sponsored Links
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News