Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Spoof Of Death (SOD) Fix Tutorial

Sponsored Links
    Hello everyone, I'm running Rebug 4.41.2 lite and out of the blue decided to give SGK 4.46 Spoofer a try (I had a feeling that something wasn't going to go well), now I'm facing some problems. During the installation, it just froze at the middle and so did the PS3 too when it was almost completed. There's no other option left, but to turn it off completely.

After you turn it back on, the PS3 no longer boots up, just the PS3 green light and no video at all. However, you're able to get it into recovery mode. Please keep in mind that restoring your PS3 file system & rebuilding database won't work. I already tried that for more than hours and nothing. Take my advice -Don't waste your time doing that!

I found another user with the same problem as me. From what I read, one of the users suggested that you stay away from this spoof (not sure about the rest, I won't try them) and just wait until the Rebug team releases theirs (Sounds legit). So stay away from this spoof (I highly recommend it too) if you are running Rebug 4.41.2 Lite (Don't know about the rest).

I tried some steps that they suggested to fix this problem but it didn't work. Give a try if you want (You might get lucky), Boot into recovery mode and reinstall your custom firmware from there (in my case Rebug 4.41.2 Lite). For me it didn't work at all, the PS3 freezes up whenever I try to reinstall the firmware (6. System Update for those wondering) Now follow me...

Now what? Well, a little bit of messing around and common sense (Maybe luck) led me to the solution of this problem. Here are the steps needed to fix this annoying issue.

Step 1.

Get a USB Device/flash drive/storage media (just one of those), create a folder named "PS3" on the root of that device and then within the PS3 folder, create another folder named "UPDATE". Now in that folder drop/paste your custom firmware there (in my case Rebug 4.41.2 Lite), but just the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file (rename it if it doesn't say that). Safely remove/unplug the USB device from the computer, then plug it back in the PS3.

Step 2.

Boot into recovery mode again and select "5. Restore PS3 System". Now a black screen will appear saying the following: "If you format, all data will be deleted. This data cannot be restored. Are you sure you want to continue?", Choose "YES" (WARNING!, it will delete everything) the PS3 will then restart and go to the same blank/black screen like before so don't panic.

Step 3.

Boot into recovery mode for the last time and select the last option "6. System Update" and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. Now what? the PS3 will update and install the custom firmware, it will restart automatically so don't do nothing else. After it completes and restart -just follow the screen instructions and you should have no problems with the installation. After that, You're done!
    Last edited by NotJustAnyRob; 06-29-2013 at 05:26 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You may need to reset your video settings.

Try this:
    • Make sure the system is off.
    • Hold down the Power Button for 5-6 seconds - until you hear the second beep.
    • That's it, your video settings are reset and you should be able to choose your input and configure it from there.

Sponsored Links

Firmware after the SOD

Sponsored Links
    Hey, may I just ask was your firmware out back to 2.50 after you installed this?

i'm using team sgk's 4.46 spoof v2 for like 1 month. it works perfect for me.

Hey mate, Just the same current one that It had before. I'm still running Rebug 4.41.2 lite. I'll probably update it to the last one that just came out not so long ago (maybe). Keep in mind that I still go online without no spoof installed.

Thanks mate. Those were the first steps that I tried but It didn't work out.

Edit: Hello everyone, While running Rebug 4.41.2 lite, out of the blue decided to give SGK 4.46 Spoofer a try. After installing it, I then started facing some problems. During the installation, it just froze at the middle and so did the PS3 too when it was almost completed. There was no other option left, but to turn it off completely.

After you turn it back on, the PS3 no longer boots up, just the PS3 green light and no video at all. However, you're able to get it into recovery mode. Please keep in mind that restoring your PS3 file system & rebuilding database won't work. I already tried that for more than hours and nothing. Take my advice - Don't waste your time doing that!

I found more users with the same problem as me. From what I read, one of the users suggested that you stay away from this spoof (not sure about the rest of the spoof out there, I won't try them) and just wait until the Rebug team releases theirs (sounds legit). Stay away from this spoof if you are running Rebug 4.41.2 Lite (don't know about the rest of the CFW).

I tried some steps that they suggested to fix this problem but it didn't work. Give it a try if you want (you might get lucky), Boot into recovery mode and reinstall your custom firmware from there (in my case Rebug 4.41.2 Lite). For me it didn't work at all, the PS3 freezes up whenever I try to reinstall the firmware (6. System Update for those wondering) Now follow me...

Now what? Well, a little bit of messing around and common sense (maybe luck) led me to the solution of this problem. Here are the steps needed to fix this annoying issue.

Step 1.

Get a USB Device/flash drive/storage media (just one of those), create a folder named "PS3" on the root of that device and then within the PS3 folder, create another folder named "UPDATE". Now in that folder drop/paste your custom firmware there (in my case Rebug 4.41.2 Lite), but just the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file (rename it if it doesn't say that). Safely remove/unplug the USB device from the computer, then plug it back in the PS3.

Step 2.

Boot into recovery mode again and select "5. Restore PS3 System". Now a black screen will appear saying the following: "If you format, all data will be deleted. This data cannot be restored. Are you sure you want to continue?", Choose "YES" (WARNING!, it will delete everything) the PS3 will then restart and go to the same blank/black screen like before so don't panic.

Step 3.

Boot into recovery mode for the last time and select the last option "6. System Update" and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. Now what? the PS3 will update and install the custom firmware, it will restart automatically so don't do nothing else. After it completes and restart -just follow the screen instructions and you should have no problems with the installation. After that, You're done!

Please Help

I am on a screen of "Checking... Please Wait" Do you have to wait a while to find or am I just out of luck?

Ah, No applicable update data was found? Solution?

I think my HDD is broken because if I do click rebuild data base it says the system storage cannot be accessed, could this be the problem for my PS3 not updating?

I've been stuck on this thread a while and Every time I go to update it says no applicable update, my HDD can't be accessed because its corrupted so could that be the reason for it not updating? Please reply I really want help thanks so much

If you click rebuild date base It won't work, I did all those steps and none of them worked. The one that did worked was "Restore PS3 System and then after that one "System Update". I however lost all my games and apps but I did get to fix it.

Need an admin to update or fix this post for me, with the one that includes the 3 steps only and remove the first one with the 4 steps. Thanks.

I have updated the first post now as requested

Hey will you help me out i kinda have the same problem

I had 4.31

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News