Here is a tutorial that i have used twice now to fix my ps3 from the dex to cex semi brick that results in console beeping fast and then turning off. This from the ps3 dev wiki just with stuff removed that isn't needed and might confuse people: Files can be found
PS Grade/Factory Mode dongle hex files: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ter-Key-Found/ http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-Codes-Arrive/ http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ngrade-dongle/ http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-jig-required/
Rogero's 3.4 firmware PUP: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...-4-21-spoofer/
Full pack: Download DEX fix.rar How to unbrick from a DEX to CEX conversion When it happens?
When doing a DEX to CEX conversion, when you're in 3.55 DEX firmware after flashing the CEX EID0.NORBIN in Multiman CEX, you shutdown the ps3 and the PS3 won't boot anymore.
This problem is related to CEX CFW syscon hashes. Follow this tutorial if you want to prevent the brick from happen. Brick sign
On boot, the ps3 console, after 5 "double beeps" very fast and turn off after 3 seconds - no video output
See an example: Preparation
- USB Dongle with the payload to go to factory mode (ex: E3)
- USB Pen formated as FAT32 (help if it have led status to check if its working and ps3 is doing his stuff)
- 3.55 CEX Firmware PUP with prepatched lv1 (no syscon hash checks) (i used rogero v3.4 cex cfw)
On the computer
- Use always the right USB port (next to BD/power button/eject button) for the USB Dongle and the USB PEN
- You will not have video output until step 10
1. Format USB PEN and put lv2diag.self file 1 also put PS3UPDAT.PUP in the root of the PEN (the 2 files must be in the root of the USB PEN and nothing else) On the PS3
2. Switch off ps3 from power cord
3. Put the USB Dongle with service mode payload in the right usb port
4. Put power cord in the console
5. Press power button followed quickly with eject button, the console should boot, and then reboot. (if the beeps continue it's normal)
6. Remove service dongle
7. Put the USB Pen with the 2 files inside in the right usb port
8. Power on the PS3. If all went well you shall see the ps3 reading stuff in the usb pen, and the hard drive of ps3 working, wait for the console to power off.
9. Remove the USB PEN (you will have an UPDATER_LOG.TXT in the Pen with the details)
10. Power on the PS3
11. At this point you can check if the console boot up and its inside factory mode (red square box in the bottom left of the screen)
12. Power off the PS3 On the computer
13. All you need now is to get out of Factory Mode, so put lv2diag.self file 2 in a FAT32 blank USB Pen On the PS3
14. Put the USB Pen in the right port with the file already on it
15. Power on (the console will power off automatically)
16. Power again and should be ok
hope this helps others.
remember to only use the pup included in the download pack or the rogero pup. these pups are special pups that will ignore the blueray drive which altered during being on dex
where the guide tells you to use Lvl2diag(1).self or Lvl2diag(2).self dont forget to delete the (1) or (2) these numbers are only there so you can identify the two different FSM tools. (1) for entering FSM , and (2) for exiting FSM.