Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up PS3 Infectus Install Procedure CECHA01 Revision

Sponsored Links
    First you will solder in your 15 wires to each nand and 2 wires for external power

Here is a closer up image of the one above

Be sure to throw some hot glue down to keep your wires in place, and keep them from crossing. Some good electrical tape is also recommended as some of your hot glue may come up eventually due to the intense heat this console puts out.

On this model i find this is one of the few orientations i found the infectus will fit without sitting on top of other components (and there is little room under the mobo shielding)

Try to keep from crossing wires as little as possible!!!

Please take note of where i have ran the wires from the other side as later we will have to dremel out this area on the shielding.

Directly under the piece where the antenna gets secured is where we will dremel

Both top and bottom of the shielding will have to be cut for wires to pass through.

This area has been dremel'd out to allow the usb cable to excape the inside of the shielding.

I have grinded some off of 2 pegs used to align the fan and heatsink, seen top right of photo, they still penetrate the shielding but not far enough to crush the chip placed underneath where they will sit.

This area is cut out to allow the passing of wire for external power.

To finish my install and give it a more OEM look (and mainly protect wires which otherwise would protrude from the case from out pet) Here you see i have marked the area with a razor which is exposed and usable with the hdd door cover removed.

Dry fit after drilling and dremeling the shape of a female mini usb smd connector.

Connection for external power has been added and wired up, nothing can be done now untill the epoxy has set.

Here the usb cable is allowed to pass through the shielding

It is then ran tightly around the front of the fan. (notice i have removed the rubber off of most of the cable to make it smaller.

It is then ran to where it will rest. Some extra length of cable has been alloted for both the usb and power to ease dissassembly if it should ever be needed. Hot glue has also been applied to keep wires from wiggling lose and shorting themselves.

Here is the back of the shielding with the wire going from one side to the other through our dremeled hole.

And finally we can begin flashing!!!! With external power and a professional soldering job you can rest assured you will not brick your console. (please note the arrow pointing to hot glue applied beneath smd mini usb connection to protect it)

Please feel free to mimic this install, or if you cannot please contact me to do this for you, or any other console's install, to help me fund another console to run tests on.

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    More pics from the first post... Thanks idone!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

11.jpg   12.jpg   13.jpg   14.jpg   15.jpg   16.jpg  

17.jpg   18.jpg   19.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That is an awesome job and clean as hell too. One quick, but maybe stupid question. What exactly is the point of putting that chip in the PS3 and where did you get it?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezgc8 View Post
    That is an awesome job and clean as hell too. One quick, but maybe stupid question. What exactly is the point of putting that chip in the PS3 and where did you get it?
    google is your friend.

chip reads nand, got it from the internet.

About how much would you charge to do something like this? Also do you have to leave the external power plugged in all the time or just when you are flashing?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprezgc8 View Post
    About how much would you charge to do something like this? Also do you have to leave the external power plugged in all the time or just when you are flashing?
    External power applied only with console off!!! and only when flashing.

Leave a message on my User Profile here if you are serious and we will talk details of install.

Very nice Idone.

If I was in the States, IŽd definately have you install one on my ps3.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post

chip reads nand,
    A few posts up ^^

Allows direct access to read and write to your nand flash memory.

Nice job Idone!!! Looks nice

soldering iron

what was the strength of the soldering iron used in this installation?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News