Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Woke up this morning and so did my brain. Because I am on my macbook I was using safari which resulted in the ?. Thus I said to myself, why not just open firefox and bam! I can now see the pics as they are posted in the first post. Sorry, I was tired last night, now to start planning out my schematics. Thanks "News" and "DM".

Sponsored Links

Roll Eyes

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by spawnofjago View Post
    Woke up this morning and so did my brain. Because I am on my macbook I was using safari which resulted in the ?. Thus I said to myself, why not just open firefox and bam! I can now see the pics as they are posted in the first post. Sorry, I was tired last night, now to start planning out my schematics. Thanks "News" and "DM".
    Lol it happens to all of us sometimes it's kool

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What did you use as the external power supply? Cause I've searched and I couldn't find the Infectus' voltage.

nice guide, i like it a lot.

You can use the internal 3.3v from the infectus to power the PS3 NANDs. One of the solder pads near the USB socket has 3.3-3.4v which can be linked to the SMD cap next to the NAND IC. I have done this with every PS3 & Xbox I've ever had the infectus hooked up to.

this is simply amazing i want to do it but i suck at soldering right now

Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    You can use the internal 3.3v from the infectus to power the PS3 NANDs. One of the solder pads near the USB socket has 3.3-3.4v which can be linked to the SMD cap next to the NAND IC. I have done this with every PS3 & Xbox I've ever had the infectus hooked up to.
    So the Infectus is supplying the PS3 with the power? From my understanding, this is only required if the PS3 is in "bricked" mode as then the PSU disconnects the +3V3 from the motherboard, yes? If you connect the +3V3, you don't need to connect the +5V line right?

I ask because I have just received my Infectus 2 today and will be soldering it into my 3.70 CECHG over the next few days and have struggled to find consistent information regarding the installation of the Infectus 2 to the PS3.

If I can do a nice clean install, I'll definitely post a tute with some explanations.

The way I flash the NANDs is pretty much the 'Bad Nand Flashing' where you supply the NANDs with an external 3.3v - then you don't need the 5v to infectus.

If you DO put 5v to the infectus, there is a 3.3v pad you can use on the programmer (check your PM)

The 5V pin on the infectus 2 is "diode-OR'd" with the +5V from the USB. I've put an LM1117-3.3V regulator from the OR'd 5V line to feed the Flash ICs. You probably shouldn't drive the flash ICs directly from the Infectus as this may cause issues when the PS3 is running.

So far, the Infectus is working (dumping the first flash as I type), but I haven't powered up the PS3 yet.

Just succesfully downgraded another 3.66 CECHG console. I measured the voltage from the 3.3v point I mentioned...

Infectus reading - drops to ~3.1v
    Infectus writing - drops to ~2.9v

Even then it's above minimum programming voltage. As I said, I've used this method many 'o times and never had read/write errors.

The consoles also work perfectly with the Infectus permanently soldered in this way. I've attached a pic of what I mean...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

IMG_0109.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News