Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I tried both, ps3proxy and ps3proxy gui. both didnt work. Does anyone have any other ideas what the problem here might be?

Thanks and regards,

Passi

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    looks the exactly same here except of the host, it wants to connect to ftw and dtw here cause of the taiwanese version.

Cheers

Passi

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Downloading Hot Shot Golf demo now finally~

Running FW1.51 and PS3ProxyServer

mine is not working as well, im using ps3 proxy by 3r1c.

[Register or Login to view code]

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by fukubei View Post
    ok guys, gonna take 3 minutes of my time while Hot Shot golf5 is being downloaded to ps3.
    fukubei, thank you so much for breaking this down "Barney style." I had given up after trying the "dns" methods and decided to give it one more try. Then I saw your post and did everything like you said and it's working over a wireless linksys router. I've transferred 50 credits your way (I would have sent more but I only had 94) and given you a thumbs up. Thanks again.

Hi can someone help me?

I'm on firmware 1.32 and using the simple dns method but i get a disconnection error each time i try to log in or enter the PlayStation store..

Quote Originally Posted by spaceinvaderx View Post
    fukubei, thank you so much for breaking this down "Barney style." I had given up after trying the "dns" methods and decided to give it one more try. Then I saw your post and did everything like you said and it's working over a wireless linksys router. I've transferred 50 credits your way (I would have sent more but I only had 94) and given you a thumbs up. Thanks again.
    I tried it with exactly the same method but it keeps asking me to update my console. Could it be that it is not possible with a taiwanese PS3? I am really out of ideas, tried both methods several times, with no success.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Passi

I finally got this working on 1.51 thanks to ps3 proxy server gui and the directons on page 38 of this thread! Woot! I'm stoaked! I'm gonna go play some F1C and Motorstorm online now!

thanks everyone!

Banned User
    okay, im gunna need some help. Im running fw v1.51 and i was using simple DNS plus and it was working fine. then it expired and everything went wrong.

I have no clue on what to do. how do i find the IP adress and DNS address that i need to enter into my PS3. Idk how i even did it when i set up simple DNS. i have windows XP and i really need a step by step procdure on what to do. i've been reading through this thread and nuthin really makes sense to me. for the proxy server, do i need to make a txt file? im sooooo confused, if someone can make a step by step guide that would be GREAT. i meen, from getting the IP stuff that we need and what to enter in PS3... please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    okay, im gunna need some help. Im running fw v1.51 and i was using simple DNS plus and it was working fine. then it expired and everything went wrong.
    From earlier in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfroflolmao View Post
    i can also confirm that using only the ps3.proxyserver.gui by CF3B5 works.

steps i used were:
    1) create a ps3-updatelist.txt and put this in exactly as you see it.

save it somewhere you can find it.

2) go to my computer or somewhere with windows explorer browser and paste c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts in the address bar. a notepad should open up and at the bottom right under 127.0.0.1 localhost

i pasted

save and exit.

3) go to the ps3.proxyserver.gui and go to proxy setting tab and for ip address enter the router ip of the computer that you are running the program with.

4) in replace files tab, click add, 1 line with 2 columns appears. on the left side put in "http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt"

and on the right side click the little dot and select the location of the edited ps3-updatelist.txt on your hard drive

5) go back to proxy setting and click the big start button.

6) now go to your ps3 and go to internet connection settings. you do not need to mess with settings UNLESS you connect differently than an automatic router assigned ip. head towards proxy settings and select use.

7) enter in the ip and port of the ps3.proxyserver.gui proxy setting that you entered in step 3.

8) test connection, log in to network.

firmware - 1.51 (usa)
    Make sure you use manual settings on your PS3, but just choose auto for everything but proxy server, put it in the matching IP and port of your PC and you should be good to go.

If you need proxy server, search this site for one.

Good luck, 8125an try and help you more if you need it.

Sponsored Links
Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News