Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Registered User thaforgottenone's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can this trick work with FW 1.10? i wanna play online because people says that i gotta upgrade to play online but i dont wanna upgrade...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can confirm the Simple DNS method still works to get online and on the store. But when I try to go online with resistance I get an error. Is there some setting in Simple DNS to forward all other DNS requests to my ISP's dns server?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I restarted my ps3 and now the simpledns method works fine for me (1.51 firmware). I can get on the sony store, and play games online. Note that I did the instructions, and instantly tried it on my ps3 and it didn't work. But after I rebooted everything, it's now working.

unfortunately for me, i was too lazy to try this whole thing out but yesterday night i had some free time and i really wanted to make this work.. well i hadnt read the last few pages of this thread and...

FW 1.32 not working.. after creating an account it says pick an avatar and they were all X'ed out... after hitting cancel and trying again i get an error. tried simpledns and other windows methods. i know i did it right cause sysupdate says im current

Ok guys, I'm completetly lost. Does a windows method can bypass the firmware checksince the 1.54 update?
    If there is a way, that would be REALLY great if someone could help me because I'm still on 1.32 and I want so much so download demos and play online! So if someone can tell me what I have to do, what softwares and files I need I would the happiest guy in the world ^^!

Thank you everyone!

SimpleDNS no longer works for me, I have 1.51 and a static IP address

Hey Phreak47, I tried to do manual IP settings on my PC but whenever I do it loses its internet connection. Even if I set it to the same settings it assigns automatically it still won't work, and the PS3 can't connect when I do manual either. Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to change a setting on my router?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChosenSavior View Post
    SimpleDNS no longer works for me, I have 1.51 and a static IP address
    Did your 14 day trial period expire on Simple DNS? After that, it needs to be registered. This is fortunately not difficult to do
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanIsHere View Post
    Hey Phreak47, I tried to do manual IP settings on my PC but whenever I do it loses its internet connection. Even if I set it to the same settings it assigns automatically it still won't work, and the PS3 can't connect when I do manual either. Any ideas why this is happening? Do I need to change a setting on my router?

thanks
    Double check all settings because it should work. You might as well mention what kind of router you have too. Here's an example of what 99% of all home configurations should look like:

PC TCP/IP config (assuming your router subnet is 192.168.1.x like most):

IP Address: 192.168.1.10 (*)
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.1 (**)
    Secondary DNS: blank

(*) Most routers start assigning addresses at 192.168.1.100. So pick an IP that is outside that range. 10 through 99 are as good as any to use.

(**) Your router gets an IP automatically from your ISP, which includes DNS addresses. So you just point your PC to the router and DNS queries are properly forwarded.

PS3 setup (when Simple DNS Plus is running on PC)

Choose manual setup
    IP: 192.168.1.11
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway/Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.10
    Proxy: NO
    2ND DNS: blank

thanks to 3r1c and evilsperm i'm downloading tekken dr usa with 1.51 firmware as we speak using posadis and 3r1c's proxy program. hopefully i won't have to upgrade to play it, but in any case i'll let you guys know. damn thing was $21.32 too

tekken is like crack to me anyway so in any case it will be worth it.

Anyone figured out the URL to Tekken 5 as of yet? I'm trying to access the store through the pc to no avail though.

Sponsored Links
Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News