Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does anybody know how to get the bypass working on Mac OSX? Any help would be appreciated. My ps3 FW is 1.51

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    before people start going crazy cause it is not working for them, but working for others. you should probably know that you most likely need version 1.50 or greater to get into the store (using the current bypass method).

to quote myself from another thread:
    i bet it works for morpheousx because he is using 1.50. It's possible that whatever way they fixed the update bypass, that it now has a minimum firmware version that it checks against (on secure server).. and maybe 1.50 meets that requirement.

basically it used to work like this:
    1. attempt to login
    2. check ps3-updatelist.txt - if fail, suggest update firmware, else login

my guess is it works like this now:
    1. attempt login
    2. check ps3-updatelist.txt - if fail, suggest update firmware.
    3. check against minimum firmware version on secure login server - if fail give you that 8#######.. error, else login

step #2 in both cases can by bypassed... but not step 3 as of yet.

this is just my guess on how it works now...
    the bypass may still work for people that have 1.50 or greater, but that can change at any time... at least this is my theory.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    a quick tip for everyone: If your running AVG virus protection, shut it off!

thats the problem i had, i ran AVG while trying to do this and i couldn't connect to the ps3 until i shut AVG off!.

I'm using FW 1.1 and simple dns, it works a few day ago, but now can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    a quick tip for everyone: If your running AVG virus protection, shut it off!

thats the problem i had, i ran AVG while trying to do this and i couldn't connect to the ps3 until i shut AVG off!.
    what version of ps3 firmware do you have though?? and if its below say 1.32 can you still conect to the store?

I've been trying to make this work over the past few days with no luck. I have simple DNS up and running on the PC, and on my PS3 it can obtain an IP but the internet connection always fails. I think I might have the wrong IP for my PC, when I run ipconfig it gives me 192.168.1.100 which seems to generic. Any help?

Thank you

Does this bypass still work on firmwares below 1.5 if your hosting your own web server. If it does can one of you wizzards tell me how to set it up on my mac.

I can confirm it still works. I have FW 1.51 (US). Just fired up Simple DNS and set my PS3 DNS address (and disabled the proxy), and I logged straight into the Playstation Store and was able to start downloading a demo. I even went to "System Update" before that, and it said I already had the latest firmware.

To those of you having trouble... I see some of you are using automatic address configuration on your PS3s and PCs. You need to set these to manual, so you can specify a static IP for your PS3 and PC that will never change. Just set them to something your router would never assign, like x.x.x.10. You also need this to do this for your PC, so when you specify your PCs IP as the DNS server address on the PS3, you know that is never going to change on you either. (Of course, each IP must be unique!)
    Last edited by Phreak47; 03-01-2007 at 12:55 AM

you guys that have fw below 1.50, have you tried the hosts file trick? someone said that worked...

I have done all the usual tricks with 1.32 and have not been able to get it to work since they last updated the firmware.

Sponsored Links

Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News