Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by gore fiend View Post
    i heard you don't need linux on ps3, just on pc. could be wrong
    That's what I was asking. Cause ever since I got my new 160GB HDD for my PS3, I haven't re-installed linux. If that is the case, I will go ahead and re-install it, I've just been too lazy lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm, if it's just hex editing a firmware update file or something, why would Windows or Linux make a difference? There must be more to it... can't wait til the tutorial's here

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Holy crap! This is totally awesome. I've kept my PS3 at 1.10 firmware. So this is most excellent news.

PS3news - Thanks for the scoop on this scene rocking exploit !!

LOL. Mine is still at 1.00.

1.00 is fine though... it is supported by this as well so nice @ you're holding out (mine is at 1.10)!

But if it involves using a PC with Linux to hex edit a firmware - we only need 1 person to hex the file - and then share the hexed firmware out to everyone....

I am sure that is what will happen - there will be ways to get the firmware.

I am curious though - I guess you can only use a hexed version of the firmware # you already have on your PS3?

If I have v 1.32 - then can i only use v 1.32 for this firmware check bypass?

Ya, sadly the video is kinda worthless and a rush job... the Tutorial is really the important part though so don't worry.

So Linux has to be installed on your PS3 to make this bypass work?

Ok Ok, I blame PS3News, thats the only video that was half clear, send your letters to him!

Furthermore - Linux on the PS3 - NO, you need a LINUX PC atm. This has NOTHING to do with changed firmwares, (although it can in the future w/ some smart hackers!)

Just read the tutorial (uploading in a few minutes) , if you have any more questions, post em!

Damn gotta have a linux pc... figures something i don't have... lol

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News