Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by MaleBoricua View Post
    Read the first post on page 25. Plug your ps3 into the router using an ethernet cable then run simple dns using the ps3 settings i have explained thoroughly. It would not work wireless for me with dns only when ps3 was plugged into router.
    i've got my Simple DNS server working just fine, using WiFi on the PS3 and it also works with my dlink DGL-3420 wireless nic adapter. Haven't had 1 issue getting the ps3 to communicate with the DNS server.

I'm not sure if there are some other reasons people are having these problems. But do you all have your routers setup to issue the same IP address based on MAC address? This prevents your LAN IP's from changing during reboots, ect. So every computer/device will always get their same IP.

it should work wirelessly/wired as long as:

1. all your devices have has static IP's on your lan
    2. setup your PS3 correctly
    3. you setup your dns server correctly
    4. you allow devices to talk to your dns server via the software firewalll on the pc running the dns server

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1st post

Thanks to 'anonymous' and CJPC for this workaround. Also thanks to Jurai for the the easy and simple guide~

Just got my PS3 today and I'm downloading the RR7 demo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Am i ok with v1.02 ? Or do i need to update higher first ?

PS Button Color

Quote Originally Posted by MaleBoricua View Post
    Read the first post on page 25. Plug your ps3 into the router using an ethernet cable then run simple dns using the ps3 settings i have explained thoroughly. It would not work wireless for me with dns only when ps3 was plugged into router.
    i will try this but first first can somene tell me how to host the bypass on my own network in simple steps please, thanks.

Hyperwrt 2.1b1 + Thibor15c (Linksys WRG routers) can login thru ssh and modify the hosts file via

echo "67.15.88.46 fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net" >> /tmp/hosts

or whatever editor you want to use.

Also consider adding to your startup script. To do so, add the line below (there might be a better way, but this works):

echo "67.15.88.46 fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net" >> /tmp/hosts

Quote Originally Posted by 21Scarface21 View Post
    i will try this but first first can somene tell me how to host the bypass on my own network in simple steps please, thanks.
    here's a little guide for anyone else not sure how to setup a web server. (note: most ISP's block port 80, so it will only be accessible within your local LAN - which is fine for what you need it for)

1. download a web server (ex; abyss web server - google it)
    2. install it, following prompts, ect. use all default settings for configuration (install as service)
    3. browse to the 'htdocs' folder (ex; C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs)
    4. create new folders within 'htdocs' so it looks like this: C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\update\ps3\list\us\
    5. within the last folder (..\us\) create a text file called 'ps3-updatelist.txt'
    6. within that text file have the following:

[Register or Login to view code]

7. change the 'http://192.168.0.3/' to the correct IP of the computer of your webserver
    8. test it out by browsing this address with your web browser: [Register or Login to view links]
    9. edit your DNS Sever entries to point to your web server's local IP address
    10. your all done

Thanks Diverge, I was just about to request someone post something like that

what do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter316 View Post
    Quote:
    what do you mean by this?
    by this i mean change the ip address you used when setting up the dns server (the ip that points to ps3new.com - 67.15.88.46) to your own webservers IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    by this i mean change the ip address you used when setting up the dns server (the ip that points to ps3new.com - 67.15.88.46) to your own webservers IP.
    you mean on my playstation 3?

Sponsored Links

Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News