Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i am gettin the same problem as flash67 and yaguchi. i am using windows and i have tried the evilsperm guide and the jurai guide but no luck.

i am using a ps3 bought in hong kong in the UK with an american account. i have checked and double with the given guide so i cannot see what to do.

any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    THX to evilsperm!!! i finally got it worked by using his method!!!! with "posadis" I am in UK and the console is us ver. As for the New RR i put US and JAP:

fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net
    dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net
    fjp01.ps3.update.playstation.net
    djp01.ps3.update.playstation.net

N.B!! just to help the others if they are still confused. When you config the PS3 internet connection, just do anything automatically EXCEPT for when it asks you for the PRIMARY DNS. For this you have to configure manually, and to put the "IP ADDRESS" of your computer for it, I repeat the "IP ADDRESS" OF YOUR PC. NOT THE USUAL PRIMARY DNS SERVER NUMBER!!!

Well i hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that is exactly what i have been doin, could it be a problem with my laptop??

does my computer and ps3 have to be connected to the internet at the same time, in order to use the windows method?

how do i do that if i have a wired router? and i can only connect one ethernet cable to it.

In order for you to host your own you need to edit the ps3-updatelist.txt file and change the "ImageVersion" part of it to have all 0. You will need to run your own webserver. You will then need to place that file is the same exact location as where it should be. For example if Sony has it in /PS3/IMAGE/UPDATE/ps3-updatelist.txt you will need to host it at the same location /PS3/IMAGE/UPDATE/ps3-updatelist.txt.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by tworkemon; 02-21-2007 at 05:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tworkemon View Post
    In order for you to host your own you need to edit the ps3-updatelist.txt file and change the "ImageVersion" part of it to have all 0. You will need to run your own webserver. You will then need to place that file is the same exact location as where it should be. For example if Sony has it in /PS3/IMAGE/UPDATE/ps3-updatelist.txt you will need to host it at the same location /PS3/IMAGE/UPDATE/ps3-updatelist.txt.

Hope this helps
    is there a tutorial for that?

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    Oh and one more thing if its not working for you..

MAKE SURE you have a . after the name server in the A record or it will not work!

IE.
    fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net.
    dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net.
    Thanks for the update. Mine is finally up and running. However, in order to clarify for the noobs, you will need a period "." at the end of the "A" record. Originally, I thought I needed to put a capital "A" at the end which is obviously incorrect.

Thanks for the tips.

This is the official one that the ps3 looks to find.
    http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt

So what you need to do is create /update/ps3/list/us/ps3-updatelist.txt on your own webserver and edit that ps3-update.txt file to something like this.

[Register or Login to view code]

Notes:

"ImageVersion=" is what the PS3 looks to check if it needs to be updated or not. So if that hex number is smaller then the one on your ps3 it will not update. That same "ImageVersion" is on the PS3UPDAT.PUP file but trying to hex edit it to match and trying to update gave errors.

"SystemSoftwareVersion=" is just a number at this point and if its needed to be updated it would then read it. I tested this by putting 9.99 and changed the "ImageVersion=" to a higher hex number then the one on my PS3. It started the download process and stated that it found and update with firmware version 9.99 and proceeded to download. Once again that same number is on the PS3UPDAT.PUP file but trying to hex edit it to match gave errors trying to update. But for this purpose of just bypassing it can be any number you want.

"CDN=http" That can be any web address as far as I know that it wll try to read to download the firmware. I tested it by basically doing "http://MYWEBSERVER/CRAP/PS3UPDAT.PUP and it did download the file. But again for this purpose it can be whatever you want.

This might be a way to install your own homebrew firmware after the PS3UPDAT.PUP file gets decoded.

I hope this helps.

the error is because the file PS3UPDAT.PUP have signatures for each file. Can you test if you put the file otheros.self on url can run? This is the file of installation ps3 linux.

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News