Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by distraktion View Post
    I'm having some trouble and I hope someone can help. When I use Simple DNS Server Plus I get an extra type labeled SOA, I'm not sure if that's a factor for not being able to connect. I also get an error on my PS3, "An error occurred while resolving the name with the server. (80710101)." I hope someone can help me out here.
    I get this same error plus a box comes up in my tray that says Windows-System Error There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network... yes i closed all windows and made sure that simple dns is running in the system tray... all the settings on my ps3 are set to my ip address using a linkysys wireless g cable gateway router.

oh yeah and before i forget thank you for the windows tutorials Jurai and kswift510 hopefully i can get this to work eventually

Quote Originally Posted by phunky View Post
    I think that is a game update, but not 100% sure.

And Thanks to ALL, this works great, FW 1.10, signed up for the PS3 network, and now downloading Gran Turismo HD...
    I was going to ask this very question. If it was possible to download this. Sweet!!

I'll try it when I get home from work.

For those who are having problems with the windows method using SimpleDNS, here's a few observations/tips

a) I have an SOA entry on my list, it still works fine.

b) In your PS3 IP setup...
    IP: The local IP you want your playstation to have within your network
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (in most cases)
    Default Router: Your router's IP on your network
    Primary DNS: The local network IP of your computer that is running SimpleDNS (go to run, type 'cmd', then type 'ipconfig' to find out if you're not sure what it is)
    Secondary DNS: Optional

c) Make SURE you add the correct server for whatever country you're in. the 2 letters after the 'f' in the address correspond to your country. If in doubt, just add all of them from the etter.dns file
    *us01.ps3.update.playstation.net = US
    *jp01.ps3.update.playstation.net = Japan
    *eu01.ps3.update.playstation.net = Europe
    *uk01.ps3.update.playstation.net = UK
    etc.

Good luck!

Yes, jp01.ps3.update.playstation.net for JP ver. PS3 and it worked,thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TuRDMaN View Post
    For those who are having problems with the windows method using SimpleDNS, here's a few observations/tips

a) I have an SOA entry on my list, it still works fine.

b) In your PS3 IP setup...
    IP: The local IP you want your playstation to have within your network
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (in most cases)
    Default Router: Your router's IP on your network
    Primary DNS: The local network IP of your computer that is running SimpleDNS (go to run, type 'cmd', then type 'ipconfig' to find out if you're not sure what it is)
    Secondary DNS: Optional

c) Make SURE you add the correct server for whatever country you're in. the 2 letters after the 'f' in the address correspond to your country. If in doubt, just add all of them from the etter.dns file
    *us01.ps3.update.playstation.net = US
    *jp01.ps3.update.playstation.net = Japan
    *eu01.ps3.update.playstation.net = Europe
    *uk01.ps3.update.playstation.net = UK
    etc.

Good luck!
    thanks man.. it's working great!

Failed UPnP

I'm using the SimpleDNS method. On the PS3, I can get an IP address, internet connection, and playstation account or store or whatever. The problem is when I get to the UPnP during the test. It fails the UPnP and also the NAT. Sometimes, it detects NAT as a Type 2. I can use the browser just fine. I seem to have some connectivity to the playstation store and limited connectivity to my account, but then when I try to play RR7 online, it says "error in connection?" Ideas? Suggestions? THanks!

Great find you guys !!! I was looking at the files and it looks like the "ImageVersion" which seems to be a hex number for each firmware version and each one is higher then the next. If you change that to one number higher then the one you are running it will try to update the firmware. At that point I will assume you will need to hex edit the ps3updat.pup file to have the same "ImageVersion". The "ImageVersion" is found on the second line of the hex code in the .pup file. At that point I think it would be possible to "Downgrade".

This hasnt been tested just theory right now.

BTW GREAT FIND !!!

how do I set this all up to run wirelessly?? please help.. I have a wireless router and want to set this up... Does it have to be a wired connection??

as long as the pc running simpledns is on the same network as your wireless router assigns connections to, then the dns method will work

Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast