Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm having some trouble and I hope someone can help. When I use Simple DNS Server Plus I get an extra type labeled SOA, I'm not sure if that's a factor for not being able to connect. I also get an error on my PS3, "An error occurred while resolving the name with the server. (80710101)." I hope someone can help me out here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Works perfect thanks everyone!!

distraktion, after you put in all of the settings in simple dns. Close all of the windows and make sure the simple dns icon is in your system tray. Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    emizkhmai-
    It's working now. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Great news, will do this when i get home. In school now

i had the same problem as distraktion (have a SOA label too) beside;

i have an airties modem connected to a wireless belkin router
    my airties page is 192.168.2.1 and

belkin routers page is 192.168.1.1
    in the belkin router page this information take place :

Subnet mask:255.255.255.0
    Wan IP: 192.168.2.2
    Default gateway: 192.168.2.1
    DNS Address: 192.168.2.1

with using "simple dns method" which number do i have to enter ps3 internet settings at dns page manually pls help 'cause i can't do the kswifts method. Thanks

I cannot get this to work either , im in uk , with a jap machine , keeps saying to update.

Im using Simple DNS, in my records I have a SOA label named office what should this be set to?

just set the ps3's dns to the same as the one for your pc!!! i got it working like a charm, i also have the soa but i guess that doesnt matter!!! at SPYdir, try putting 192.168.2.2 as your ps3's dns when you do the manual setup...everything else should stay the same...not %100 sure but you could try it

anyway, my question is....i got everything working and i popped in resistance to play online and i got "an udate is required to play online" and im curious if its the 1.51 update or just an update for the disc??? (like in 360 how you have to update like ever new game lol)

just dont wanna hit "update" and it be the firmware one lol
    Last edited by seminolecounty; 02-20-2007 at 09:39 AM

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by seminolecounty View Post

I think that is a game update, but not 100% sure.

And Thanks to ALL, this works great, FW 1.10, signed up for the PS3 network, and now downloading Gran Turismo HD...

has anyone in the Uk got this to work?
    im getting name cannot be resolved (YES! my DNS is set to the IP of the computer running simple dns)

I have tried and so has my mate and we cant seem to get any luck

Quote Originally Posted by seminolecounty View Post
    just set the ps3's dns to the same as the one for your pc!!! i got it working like a charm, i also have the soa but i guess that doesnt matter!!! at SPYdir, try putting 192.168.2.2 as your ps3's dns when you do the manual setup...everything else should stay the same...not %100 sure but you could try it

anyway, my question is....i got everything working and i popped in resistance to play online and i got "an udate is required to play online" and im curious if its the 1.51 update or just an update for the disc??? (like in 360 how you have to update like ever new game lol)

They (Resistance) released an update a while back ajusting the out-of-bounds and the power of certain weapons. Just in case my suggestion is go to the PS Store and download that update directly from there and then run resistance.

Sponsored Links
Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News