Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    xregistry changing doesn't work. i tried it long ago. feel free to prove me wrong though.

also the firmwares are all the same. the console is what makes it different.

perhaps a customised debug mode or changing the region in xregistry (along with the bd region and dvd region) might help.

but i really cbf trying, plus my laser died
    Hi, you are wrong

xRegistry works perfectly, but Bluray region change it's not only a setting inside Hex file, I think that's inside BD reader unit firmware too.

Inside dev_flash3 it's two file name DRL1 and DRL2, I think that files and xRegistry and the three keys to change BD region in any PS3...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Doing that makes things even worse. it seems that dvdTvSystem accepts only the values 0 or 2.

I still can't play DVD region 4 discs on my console even after changing the region from 1 to 4. it keeps telling the region code is wrong.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, you must set dvdtvsystem to 0 (NTSC) and then dvdregioncode to 4.

This must works for you if your zone is Mexico, Central America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania.

Thanks, worked great for me.

Great, this must work for everybody

i've waited 5 years to play my japanese version of kill bill, now i FINALLY get to.. thanks a lot

I'm trying to get my Japanese PS3 to play region 1 DVDs. I changed the dvdregion to 1 using xRegistryEditor but it didn't work.

I tried restarting my PS3 afterwards and I tried multiple region 1 discs. I'm still getting an error message saying the region is wrong. I'm using CFW 3.55 with Comgenie's awesome filemanager.

You need to do more than just change the region. You also have to change the TV video format to the corresponding type. as far as I know it only works on dvds. Blu ray region code is different from dvd region on ps3. It has a slightly more tamper resistant protection.

its already set to 0. Japan and America are both NTSC so I don't see why it would need to be changed.

Does this only work with DVDs, or PS2 games, too? I have a couple of Japanese PS2 games I've been trying to get to run this way, but it's not working. I dunno what I would change the DVDTV thing to for NTSC-J, though, so maybe that's it. Using 3.55 Kmeaw CFW and Comgenie.
    Last edited by Decho; 02-06-2011 at 03:59 PM

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast