Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

PS3 CEX to DEX to CEX Tutorial by Yayes

Recently yayes of PS3ISO (linked above) shared a PS3 CEX to DEX to CEX tutorial and file pack for those interested in converting their PlayStation 3 CEX (Retail) console into a Debug / Test (DEX) unit and then being able to revert it back.

Below are the details from the file pack for those interested, as follows:

WARNING!! Backup your CEX Flash Dump!! Don't Deleted it or You in DEX Forever. (Update: A Solution is now posted by haze67).

I'm not responsible for any problems/bricks the members suffer and that they'll do it on their own risk. Make Sure You don't Have Spoofer Installed.

Kmeaw3.55

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...ry-118021.html

MultiMAN 04.06.02CEX / MultiMAN 04.06.02DEX

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post430062

The Rest Of Tools Here

CEX to DEX to CEX and backup tools.rar (925.09 MB)

Archive Content

Backup tools

1. genGP3_v2.2
    2. Open BDEMU HDD Manager
    3. PkgView_1.3
    4. ProDGForPlayStation3v420.1.0
    5. PS3 Game Updater 1.41
    6. PS3_Generator_Tools-330
    7. PSN_Package_NPDRM

Convert tools

1. cex2dex
    2. dtbImage.ps3
    3. eEID_RKDumper
    4. NAND-dtbImage.ps3

QA Flagging Tools

1. CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL
    2. qa_flag_extra.pkg

Firmware

1. 4.21DEX.PUP
    2. 3.55DOWNGRADERDEX.PUP
    3. OFW3.55DEX.PUP
    4. 3.55DEX_MFW_Created_By_Yayes.PUP

Features
    • All CEX Homebrew Fully Running On This MFW
    • Allow BDMIRROR From Internal PS3HDD (you must Use mmCM Cex Version) Tested Call Of Duty MW3
    • Patch self to Enable FSM PS2 Compatibility
    • Patch self To Allow Activation of PSN Content Offline (Tested ReactPSN 2.0)

TUTORIAL
    • No Need To Format your HDD
    • No Need To Installing LINUX As Well
    • If You Have Trophy Error After Convert To DEX Just Launch Rebuild Database From Recovery Mode

Before convert To DEX Copy updater folder to dev_hdd0

Part 1.1: Preparing The Flash Dump For DEX Firmware Installation
    • QA-Flag the system (instructions its in folder qa Flag or below)

QA Flagging - Write By yayes
    • Install This Firmware CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP then install qa_flag_extra.pkg then run this app
    • If you want to check whether your firmware qa flagged go to system setting scroll down to network setting (don't enter network setting) then pres L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down
    • Thats it, the “Edy Viewer”, “Debug Settings”, “Install Package” Menu will now appear.
    • After You enable qa_flag On your console install 3.55kmeaw (i'm not including this firmware)

Translated from Indonesian:
    • Once installed Firmware CFW355-OtherOS + +-SPECIAL.PUP (use USB)
    • Then install qa_flag_extra.pkg Run
    • Check Your System Is Already Successful qa_flagging
    • Go to system settings> to network settings (Do not Go to the Network Settings) then press L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + L3 + Down Arrow Direction
    • Will Appear Menu "Edy Viewer", "Debug Settings", "Install Package"
    • After that Install Kmeaw 3:55

Continued from Part 1.1 (Above)
    • Use multiMAN (referred to mM hereafter) 04.04.04 or later/MemDump to dump the FLASH (I used the mM-dumped one instead, even though the MemDump/mM dumps are the same as each other, hash-wise) make sure you have dtbImage.ps3.bin in your usb for nor console (for Nand Console rename NAND-dtbImage.ps3.bin to dtbImage.ps3.bin)
    • Use flatz's EID root key application on the PS3 once installed by executing it without having any USB dongles plugged in and the key should be dumped in the "/dev_hdd0/tmp/" path
    • Use Gunner54's CEX-to-DEX application to patch the flash dump
    • Double-Click (tap) on the DEX TargetID-modified dump renamed to have ".EID0.NORBIN" or ".EID0.NANDBIN" extension in mM 04.04.04 or later in order to change the TargetID from there

Restart the system by:
    • Exiting mM and returning to the XMB by pressing the PS button, and selecting "Quit Game"
    • Selecting the "Users" menu in XMB, selecting "Turn Off System", then selecting "Yes" after you have selected "Turn Off System".
    • Pressing the <POWER> button on the PS3 after it has been shut down.

Part 1.2: Installing DEX Firmware
    • Having an official 3.55 DEX firmware PUP on a USB memory dongle in the "USB:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" (must be named as such) directory:
    • Install it in XMB via the "Settings" XMB menu, and then select the "System Update" option, and then;
    • Select the "Update from storage media" option whilst having the "Turn system off automatically after update" option unchecked, providing that the option is there, then follow the instructions from there.

Part 2.1: Rolling Back to CEX
    • Having installed the official DEX 3.55 firmware now, Use mM again, but this time, use the original CEX flash dump, and select it in order to change the TargetID back to the original TargetID (mine was 87 = CEX-UK)
    • Exit mM and returning to the XMB by pressing the PS button, and select "Quit Game", and then from there, restart the system by:
    • Selecting the "Users" menu in XMB, selecting "Turn Off System", then selecting "Yes" after you have selected "Turn Off System".
    • Pressing the <POWER> button on the PS3 after it has been shut down.

Part 2.2: Installing CEX Firmware
    • Having the KMEAW 3.55 (CEX) firmware PUP on a USB memory dongle in the "USB:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" (must be named as such) directory:
    • Install it in XMB via the "Settings" XMB menu, then select the "System Update" option, and then;
    • Select the "Update from storage media" whilst having the "Turn system off automatically after update" option unchecked, providing that the option is there, and then follow the instructions from there.

To summarize, I had to restart my PS3 every time I had to install the firmware after the TargetID changeover and I had to install it via XMB, as it was safe enough for me to do so.

Also, to successfully revert back to CEX, make sure your console is QA-flagged, you're using the newer mM versions (CEX VERSIONS ONLY, otherwise you'll get an error) as the flash-writing capabilities are improved, AND as a safety precaution (nobody says this in their tutorials, but I do it anyway as a safety precaution), make sure you install/have already installed the official DEX 3.55 firmware WITHOUT the Downgrade Support before going back to CEX.

Part 1: QA Flagging Your Console

1. Install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP
    2. Install qa_flag_extra.pkg and run it. To Make Sure You Have Succesfully Integrated qa_flag in your console go to network setting (don't enter network setting) and press L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+Directional button Down and you can see edyviewer, debug setting, install packages menus
    3. Turn on system Update DEBUG in debug setting

Q: Why I Must qa_Flag My Console ?
    A: This Need When revert Back to Cex So We Can AVoid Brick

Part 2: Dump Your Flash And Root Key

1. Check whether your console nand or nor with MinVerChk
    2. Install Latest multiMAN (CEX Version)
    3. Plug your usb to your PS3 and Open multiman and Open Filemanager (select+start) Select any file > press O > open in hex viewer > press Select+start > choose yes on option dump your flash storage (Otherwise Choose NO) file will copied to USB extension .norbin (nor console) Or .nandbin (nand console)
    4. Install eEID_RKDumper.pkg then remove your USB then run eEID_RKDumper
    5. Open multiman go to file manager
    6. Open folder dev_hdd0/temp then copy eid_root_key to usb (48bytes)

Part 3: Convert Your CEX Flash To DEX Flash

1. Extract cex2dex.rar
    2. Load your Dump Flash in tab Nor/Nand Flash Dump
    3. Load your Root key in Metldr Dump TAB

Click CEX > DEX and save file with name 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN (for nor console)

355DEX.EID0.NANDBIN (for NAND console)

Part 4: B Convert Your Console To DEX Machine

1. Copy 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN (nor Console) to USB and plug it to your PS3
    2. Open multiman > filemanager then double click 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN in USB and Choose yes>yes>yes
    3. Quit multiman
    4. Turn off your PS3 Using Controller PS3 (Don't Turn OFF Using Power Button)
    5. Then Power on Your Console Using power button
    6. Install 3.55DEX.PUP from XMB

Revert Back To CEX

1. Install 3.55DEXOFW (not downgrade one) then install multiman CEX (Latest)
    2. Then Flash You Console Using Flash Cex You are previously dump
    3. Turn off your PS3 Using Controller PS3 (Don't Turn OFF Using Power Button)
    4. Then Power on Your Console Using power button
    5. Install 3.55kmeaw.PUP from XMB

Note: You must on 4.21 DEX firmware to be able to launch PS3 3.6+ games.

Run 3.6+ Games on DEX

Preparing the PS Update

1. First use PS3 Game Updater (or the Manual Method) to get the newest Update pkg for the game
    2. Then fire up Pkg View and extract the BCUS98295 dir into any dir -lets just call it targetdir.
    3. Extract psn_package_npdrm.exe into this dir
    4. Create a .txt into this dir and fill it with:
    Code:
    Content-ID = EP0001-BCUS98295_00-0000111122223333
    K_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
    DRM_Type = Free
    Content_Type = GameData
    PackageType = DiscGamePatch
    PackageVersion = 01.21
    Rename the .txt file "package.conf". Where BCUS98295 is the Title ID of your game and Packageversion has to be the Number of the Patch you downloaded.

5. Create A .txt into this dir and fill it with
    Code:
    psn_package_npdrm.exe package.conf BCUS98295

pause
    • Then rename .txt file to repack.bat
    • Then run it (new PKG has just been created)
    • Install it to your PS3
    • On debug setting (on your console)
    • Navigate to "Boot Mode" and select "Release Mode".
    • Below, in "Blu-ray Disc Access" select "BD Emulator (USB)".
    • And below, to use the maximum speed of your HDD, select "HDD Native".
    • Drag your ps3_game folder to genGP3.exe
    • And it will create .GP3 file located in same dir your PS3_GAME

Warning!!!!! This Step will format your USB Hardrive
    • Connect the USB hard drive to your pc and open ps3gen.exe
    • On the command tab choose BD emulator hdd utility
    • Choose your USB Drive Then choose Format HDD for BD Emulator
    • In file tab choose open project then locate your .GP3 file
    • Click on "Build".
    • On the new window choose second tab (For BD Emulator (*.emu)) then create your image files (*.emu)
    • Open bdemu hdd manager.exe
    • Load your drive then write image file choose your *.emu files that you just created
    • Plug your bd emulator (USB Harddrive) to right usb slot then restart your console
    • Start game from BD icon

Additional Resources

PS3 CEX to DEX to CEX Tutorial by Yayes is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

DEX2CEX Without CEX Flash Guide

Thanks for sharing the guide windrider42 and +Rep as well!

Also below is a DEX2CEX Without CEX Flash Guide (roughly translated, via: forum.console-hax.com/thread1415.html)

Hi guys we found a Simple method for return to CEX without a CEX Flash backup we Tested 45 Console With this Method So I would say it Working 100%

Note:This tutorial will format your internal PS3 HDD

Step 1: Installing DEX 3.55_MFW without OtherOS v3 Exeedy

First Download DEX 3.55_MFW without OtherOS v3 Exeedy and Install That on you PS3

Download DEX 3.55_MFW without OtherOS v3 Exeedy: http://www.mediafire.com/?gh930p4odjrmoea

Step 2: Dumping your DEX Flash with Memdump

In this Step you must Install memdump on your PS3

Download memdump_0.01-FINAL: http://trainbit.com/files/7471999884...INAL.npdrm.rar

Download and Install That on your PS3, Put a USB Device in the Right USB Port, then Run memdump and Press X for dumping your Flash in USB Device.

Step 3: Installing Rogero CFW v3.7

In this Step you must install Rogero CFW v3.7 on you DEX console. but How? Follow me:

First Download Rogero CFW v3.7 and rename that to "PS3UPDAT.PUP"

Download Rogero CFW v3.7: http://freakshare.com/files/awe6vx7b/V3.7A.PUP.html

Put PS3UPDAT.PUP in Root of your USB Device

Now Download this Special Lv2diag: http://trainbit.com/files/6471999884...al_Lv2diag.rar

Download Special Lv2diag too Put Lv2diag in Root of your USB Device for going to FactoryServiceMode without Jig USB we need below App:

Download FactoryServiceMode: http://trainbit.com/files/7371999884...erviceMode.rar

Put FactoryServiceMode.pkg in Root of your USB Device. So you have three files in your USBDevice (FactoryServiceMode.pkg,Lv2diag and PS3UPDAT.PUP) Connect your USB Device in the Right USB Port Then turn on your PS3, go to Install Package and Installing FactoryServiceMode.pkg on your PS3... now run it and wait until you PS3 turn off automatic. After your PS3 turned off ,You must get out of FactoryServiceMode for this Download Lv2diag2 in below.

Download Lv2diag2: http://trainbit.com/files/0671999884/Lv2diag_exit.rar

Put Lv2diag in a empty USB device and connect USB Device to Right USB Port and turn on your PS3 now you are already on Rogero 3.55 (v3.7)

Step 4: Dumping your eid_root_key

First Download eEID_RKDumper

Download eEID_RKDumper: http://trainbit.com/files/9371999884/eEID_RKDumper.rar

Install eEID_RKDumper.pkg then remove your USB then run eEID_RKDumper
    Open multiman go to mmOS
    Open folder dev_hdd0/temp then copy eid_root_key to usb (48bytes)

Step 5: Convert DEX Flash To CEX Flash

First Download Special Package :

Download Special Package By Nicolas19: http://trainbit.com/files/5271999884...al_Package.rar

After Download,Extract That To Drive " C " in your PC, now install Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_1c.exe, during the installation,Select " /bin " after Installing Finished,Go in Drive "C" and Rename OpenSSL-Win32 To OpenSSL.. now Rename your DEX Flash(flash_store_3.500) to "flashdex" and eid_root_key to eid0 and Then copy both the file in c2d Folder. Open CMD and Type the two times " cd .."

Go in c2d folder with Typing "cd c2d" You are already in c2d Folder. Now copy the text below and Paste in CMD and Then Press "Enter":
    Code:
    c2d.exe eid0 flashdex.bin flashcex.bin 84

A new file will be created with the name"flashcex" Rename flashcex to myCEX.EID0.NORBIN and Continue

Step 6: Write your CEX Dump on Flash

Copy my.CEX.EID0.NORBIN (nor Console) to USB Device and Connect it to your PS3
    Open multiman > mmOS then double click 3my.CEX.EID0.NORBIN in USB Device and Choose yes>yes>yes
    Quit multiman but Don't turn off your PS3
    Now Put Rogero CFW v3.7, Lv2diag.self in your USB Device Like Step 3 and Connect to Right USB Port
    Run FactoryServiceMode app From XMB and wait until your PS3 turn off automatic
    After your PS3 turned off ,You must get out of FactoryServiceMode
    Put Lv2diag2 (Like Step 3) in a empty USB device and connect USB Device to Right USB Port and turn on your PS3

Now you are already on Rogero 3.7 and Your Console is CEX enjoy...

From Yayes: beware this tutorial will format your internal PS3 HDD and if you want to know your original region you must dump your DEX flash (from converted console) and open it with HEX editor, here example:

From haz367: You can check this easy on the back sticker without dumping e.g the original TargetID/region:

Regioning/original TargetID check> Last two numbers in the CECHxxXX SKU name (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/SKU_Models#Regioning)

Finally, from deank: You don't need your original DEX or CEX flash to start the conversion. The only thing you need is your eid0 key. If you have it then it is all simple. If you don't have it and you lost all backups/key/flash, just skip to the 2nd "tutorial":

If you're on DEX and the only thing you have is your eid0 key:

1) Downgrade to 3.55 DEX
    2) Install multiMAN (CEX version)
    3) Dump your NAND/NOR from mmOS
    4) Use c2d.exe and your eid0 key and convert your DEX flash to CEX
    5) Double click the newly created blabla.CEX.EID0.NORBIN / .NANDBIN in mmOS
    6) Reboot and install 3.55OFW or 3.55KMEAW or whatever 3.55FW version you like.

If you LOST EVERYTHING and you don't have your eid0 key or flash or anything:

1) Downgrade to 3.55DEX
    2) Install "lv2_loader" and use it with proper lv2_kernel.self in /dev_flash (lv2_kernel.self from 3.55KMEAW)
    3) Once switched to the "cex" lv2 kernel use the EID0_Dumper and you'll get your eid0 key
    4) Follow steps 2) to 6) from the tutorial above. Done.

You had to be QA'd before installing the DEX firmware. Install the 3.55CFW CEX from XMB, not from recovery and YES it will boot after flashing the NOR/NAND. I've done it over 50 times already.

If you didn't dehash/QA your PS3 before installing DEX (only if you used dex above 3.55) then most probably you'll get the SIREN beeps (like 8 beeps) when you turn on the PS3 and you'll need a jig/usb/psp for FSM.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

This is one the neatest tutorials I've ever seen O.o Also, some links to how to back up and things to do with the flasher may help

great guide, people should have no problem now

1 small correction for dex2cex lost CEX Flash Dump

WARNING!! Backup your CEX Flash Dump!! Don't Deleted it or You in DEX Forever.
    incase people lost the cex flash, no worries

latest c2d_V2 can convert DEX flash backup back to CEX original in no-time, tested and working
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Thanks for the confirmation haze67 and +Rep, I added an Update note next to the warning now with the solution in case anyone needs it.

You will find ways to install games to hdd posted here - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post431294

and included in yayes download tells how too play backups. Plus yayes will post here if any questions. Thanks

Hi all !

Why there are too many sub step ? Part1, part1.1, part1.2, part2, part2.2 lay mess ? You should clearly make from order A to Z for easy to see. And i have a question if i install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP my internal HDD will be format or not ?

That is what yayes did, it isn't too bad if you take your time and read them step by step but I'm sure in coming days someone will improve and condense it even further hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by thien View Post
    Why there are too many sub step ? Part1, part1.1, part1.2, part2, part2.2 lay mess ? You should clearly make from order A to Z for easy to see. And i have a question if i install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP my internal HDD will be format or not ?
    if you are confusing start from Part 1: QA Flagging Your Console > Part 4: B Convert Your Console To DEX Machine

confusing tutorial

please, someone makes a single PKG CEX2DEX and a single PKG DEX2CEX

so it is easy and simple, just install cex2dex.PKG, if you want to use DEX and install dex2cex.PKG, if you want to use CEX
    Last edited by kalberto; 10-13-2012 at 09:58 AM

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast