Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So your suggesting i should just stay on DEX? What benefit would DEX give me if a newer cfw turns up?

Thanks

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    dex wont give you much benefit really, but reverting to cex can brick your ps3. staying on dex and if viable cfw cex 4.25 is released, it would only be a matter of days before it dex counterpart is released also, so you could stay on dex still run all the cfw features and with no risk of bricking when reverting to cex.

and one thing that will never brick your ps3 is waiting lol
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-22-2012 at 06:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So if thats the case then why did everyone (inc myself) move over to dex if we risk a brick going back )

Hold on? You say here with no risk of bricking when reverting to cex? I thought there was as you said above?

I'm confused...!

Well first off I would check the tutorial you did follow to see exactly the steps for converting back to cex.

I wouldn't do it otherwise. We could help more knowing the tutorial you followed. You won't brick if you follow the instructions

I myself would also just wait and see what newer CFW will appear soon.

Banned User
    when i say no risk of bricking converting to cex i meant cos you wouldnt be, just stay on dex and wait until things settle down and see what is best thing to do then. if a 4.25 cex firmware is publicly released a dex one will be right behind it. so you can stay on dex and still use all the new cfw features. no risks of bricking at all

I used the same method described here, however it didn't have the QA Flag bit. Can i do that now out of curiosity? So i guess i'm stuck on DEX. Oh well.

Banned User
    your not stuck, your priveledged even when new cfw is verified , you'll still get it but still have dex features too.

Quote Originally Posted by farenheit View Post
    I used the same method described here, however it didn't have the QA Flag bit. Can i do that now out of curiosity? So i guess i'm stuck on DEX. Oh well.
    The qa flag is done basically so no bricking when converting back to cex

Like I said , whatever tutorial you followed or post. I would ask them.

Does anyone know how to change the TargetID on a NAND dump? The original backup i had i used gunner54's Cex2Dex tool on which changed its targetid to 82. (DUH!)

Need to change the Target ID back to 87

Banned User
    reflash your original nand dump ? ignore that i just re-read what you put, i didn't know gunners overwrote the original, if you going back to cex cos you want to try the new 4.21 rogero, i'd suggest not to.

you can brick going back to cex, and you can brick from the rogero 4.21cfw its a lot of risk of bricking
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-24-2012 at 03:43 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News