Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Post PS3 Booting Debug Firmware Guide

Sponsored Links
    PS3 Booting Debug Firmware Guide

Here's how to do it, not sure if it matters, as it's been out here for quite a while now..

Note, this should not be attempted unless you know what you are doing, as it could lead to bricks

1. Get otheros++ running on 3.41 or 3.55, I used 3.41 but 3.55 should work as well.

2. boot linux, and dump your nor flash, with
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/ps3nflasha of=nor.bin
    3. ensure that /dev/ps3dmproxy exits, if not look here - ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=OtherOS%2B%2B#ps3dm-utils

4. download and compile ps3dm-utils..

5. dump your ipds, with
    Code:
    ./ps3dm_aim /dev/ps3dmproxy get_dev_id
    6. now open your nor dump with a hex editor searching for your ipds, you should find it twice, replace the 6th byte with 82 on both of them

7. Flash the nor.
    Code:
    dd if=modifiednor.bin of=/dev/ps3nflasha
    This takes a while..

8. Prepare a flash drive for service mode, with the 3.41 debug firmware - do not flash a higher firmware - as well as a lv2diag.self

9. Finally, flash that as if you were downgrading, and you are now on a full debug firmware...

NOTE- all of the info on how to do this was found on ps3 dev wiki, so if you run into problems, you'd wanna look there.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have moved this to the guide section now, and +Rep for sharing hacksawz12!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So no need for a flasher

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I thought you had to change more than the IDPS to get a full debug. But if people say this works then maybe I was hearing bs.

If this only needs a flasher to change your IDPS, could someone with the latest hardware revision, use like a progskeet to change their IDPS to debug and install debug firmware? Or is downgrading to a debug FW in Factory Service Mode the only way to install debug FW?

Target ID.

No ps3hen your right

IDPS is more then twice in the complett EID. It's also in encrypted form in EID0 segment. Additional to get a FULL DEBUG converted ps3 you need a bit more then simply patching thoes 2 idps called here.

But its to time one of my main project's which i working on so i wont tell to much for now.

Mainly you need to reverse engineer a few of the ps3's modules to get all EID segment iv's, per_console_root_key_seed's, to understand how to decrypt and encrypt eid segment parts with PCK and iv's, how to calculate PCK with root_key_seed's, how to generate a request_idps.txt, and then write a pc app to share with the community.

Even if you use anergistic and the ps3 embended modules you then cant re-encrypt the eid segments.

So this post is heard but doesn't NOT lead into a fully working debug ps3.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 03-14-2012 at 06:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    IDPS is more then twice in the complett EID. It's also in encrypted form in EID0 segment. Additional to get a FULL DEBUG converted ps3 you need a bit more then simply patching thoes 2 idps called here.
    Yeah, you're right, mate.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News